I've been scammed. Don't let it happen to you

-

Masonj

Reaction score
Hey everyone just posting trying to bring attention to modern classics interiors. He's not a vendor on fabo, but I'd like to keep others from making the same mistake I did. I was scammed By this guy, who does custom interiors. Which is too bad because the guy goes really nice work.
I ordered a custom center console back in May, the guy seemed really nice he even let me pay in 2 payments, paid to total amount of $560 through PayPal, promising it will be complete in about 4-5 weeks. I waited till about the end of July and the guy gives me some story about being busy at a car show and item will ship in 2 weeks. After this I haven't heard from him since. I have emailed, called from various numbers, texted and haven't heard anything back at all. And very strange, when I call from my own personal phone, my calls go to a busy disconnect signal.
I'm sorry to rant but I don't want anyone to fall for the same nonsense I did. I check his website often and see he is still taking orders. I'm currently doing a fraud report with my bank and paypal to get my $$ back.
http://www.modernclassicsinteriors.com
please be ware of this guy and don't fall for the scam like I did.

He's about 2 1/2 hours from me. There are other members closer that may be able to give him a visit and ask what's going on....

I have his Facebook info also. I'm not sure how to post it.
Thanks guys I really appreciate all your help and support.

That's what I was afraid of. I could be mistaken but not likely. I believe he is this guys son
and is making/pushing fiberglass consoles last time I saw Gary. Never met his son personally.
but I had a customer order some seats from Gary and it was a real mess time and quality wise. I'm talking two years. My customer kept after him and it all ended kind of OK but it cost him a lot of money and time. Never did fix the problems completely though.
Best thing you can do is get your money back.
Here is a flyer Gary handed me when I was at his shop with my customer.

Attachments

• 1408838423414.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 456
Yes that's them. You are not alone with having problems with them.
Hope you get your money back.

The 2 links above, one is for car interiors, and the other is for boat interiors, but with the same phone number.

It's common for interior shops to do both car and boats. Especially in Indiana, there are lots of lakes to go boating on. We used to have a house on the lake near Crown Point/Merrilleville area. Lots of good times there.

That's what got my attention, was the address on Route 30. That's the exit that we used off of I-65 to get to our place, but this guy's on the other side of the state, so it's not as close to me to be able to go there and ask questions for him.... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

yeah that ad looks just like the website. I guess I'll be doing more research on gary ball now These assholes. I can't believe the integrity of some people. .

I am just south down 65 from you krazykuda. He is on the other side of the state.

I am just south down 65 from you krazykuda. He is on the other side of the state.

Unfortunately, we don't have the house on the lake in Indiana anymore. I'm not far from there, only 22 miles inside the IL-IN border. I'm about 2 - 2 1/2 hours from Indy.

I still go there to get fireworks, as they sell better stuff than over here....

I miss those old days and think about it every time I pass I-65 on my way to Detroit.

It was not unusual for the cops to show up at our place on 4th of July when we had a party going and were lighting off fireworks. Luckily my brother eventually moved in there and was part of the volunteer fire dept, so the cops would just tell us to put the fireworks inside for a while instead of taking them away like they were supposed to do.

Everybody there on the lake was very friendly and if they had a party, you were welcome to stop by. It was nice...

Sounds like lake of four seasons. My better half grew up on the lake there. It is fun
on the 4th. Her mom still lives there.

Sounds like lake of four seasons. My better half grew up on the lake there. It is fun
on the 4th. Her mom still lives there.

Yes, it was Lakes of the Four Seasons!!! We used to have the house on the lot right next to the beach on the back of the lake there.

My brother moved in the house there for a few years, ask her if she knows him, his name is Butch. He knew alot of people around there and was in the fire department then. That was back in the late 80's and early 90's. We had a blast water skiing and tubing there.

He said that when you walked across his living room, you crossed from Crown Point into Valpo as it was on the border of both towns.

I used to have two Dalmatians, and we would choose to ride on the fire trucks in the 4th of July parade or let the kids stand and watch to collect candy. Some times the kids had more fun throwing candy from the fire trucks, than watching the parade. Everyone loved to see the two Dalmatians on the fire trucks. After the parade, go boating and skiing and visit other people and parties on the lake. Then everyone collects around the club house around 8:30/9 PM and watch the firework display, then get through traffic to go back to the house and light off our stuff. And our friends would pass out and we would wake up the next morning having to step over bodies on the living room floor. (We didn't want anyone driving home after drinking all day...) Then clean up the yard of all of the paper and confetti from the fireworks the night before. (Sometimes you saw more paper than grass...)

When I was married and had our first son, he used to love when my brother would take us to the fire station and show him how all the lights and sirens worked in the trucks.

My Dalmatians loved to swim in the lake during summer. If I had them outside between 5 - 10 minutes, they would run into the lake and dip their bellies in the water to cool off. My female would bury her nose in the water and blow bubbles. She didn't like to go past were she could touch the bottom, my male would doggy paddle out farther with me. I didn't mind them getting wet, with their short fur, they would dry off soon enough. They figured out that the water was the best way to keep from overheating in the summer, since dogs can't sweat like people and have a tougher time keeping cool in hot weather.

he even let me pay in 2 payments, paid to total amount of $560 through PayPal, promising it will be complete in about 4-5 weeks.

I sold one thing thru Paypal/eBay, an EVO hood.
It took time to line up a shipper and the buyer complained to Paypal.

Paypal froze my Paypal account- maybe this avenue for you.?.

I hope others here might expound on this avenue- use email quotes when reporting to Paypal- good luck and Best wishes brother! Sorry to hear this type of thing happen someone else as well.
At least you didn't lose 700 bucks and tens of thousands prior to that.
>Small note, I have had non-stop excellent transactions thru FABO.<<

Hey guys just to update everyone and tell both sides of story
I finally got my console this wednesday. I received an email a few days prior to recieving the console, stating that mike the owner, was out on vacation.
Im not sure if it was the fraud cases I opened with mybank/paypal, the fact that I started contacting him and his dad on facebook, badmouthing his new business
or maybe he never really was going to scam me out of my console. but he finally sent it. I just wish he could have even attempted to make some sort of contact
Either way I'm just happy I recieved my product.
Thanks guys for the support and help!!

-
Back