I've lost my boost

-
Did you get your boost back?
Not yet. I am waiting for the part to arrive from Dyers. To say I am not impressed with their service is an understatement. I was told on the phone that I would have it in 2 days, now the UPS website says I probably won't get it until next Wednesday sometime. This is after charging me $42.12 for shipping. If I had of known it was going to take that long I probably would have bought it elsewhere. As I said to them when I complained about it. Lesson learned.

Jack

Hey Jack,I know you’ve been up and running for a long time.Just throwing this out there.On my setup ,about the same as yours,on a cold start my belt is quite loose at operating temp there is no slack.Is it possible that when hot your belt could have been running tight.

A076D8A8-66E0-42E8-A813-5C804631A941.jpeg

Above is a 7/8” coupler
7472B29D-4B05-42EE-A185-ED44C9D86057.png

Above are performance couplers in “street” 1.125” and competition 1.25”

Jacks shaft measured 1” (LOL) so I’m assuming he has a 7/8” spline coupling

Hey Jack,I know you’ve been up and running for a long time.Just throwing this out there.On my setup ,about the same as yours,on a cold start my belt is quite loose at operating temp there is no slack.Is it possible that when hot your belt could have been running tight.
I did check that and what I found was, the belt got tighter for sure, but I still had lots of play in the belt. Maybe a 1/2 inch from side to side. It starts out cold at about 3/4 to an inch of play. When I looked closely at the broken shaft I noticed what looked like air bubbles in the shaft where it broke. I figure it was either a bad piece of metal or metal fatigue that caused the problem. I wish I still had the old shaft, I would post a close up photo of the break.

Jack

-
Back