JC Whitney HD 5 leaf springs.

-
John R. Spring has the 5 leaf heavy duty springs in stock. $60.37 per spring plus shipping. They quoted me $30.00 to ship to Pa.
I am ordering from JRS because I want the 5 leaf and more importantly I don't want to deal with incorrect parts and the entire return process. I will spend the shipping cost for less hassle.

I'm just finishing up the rear suspension on my Duster. I bought the HD 5 leaves from JC Whitney, last year before they stopped offering them. My springs have John R. Springs logo on them as well as my new u bolts from Competion Enginerning. My friend bought SS springs from Mancini Racing and they were also made by John R Spring Co.
I'm very pleased with the quality and fit of the springs. They seem to be approx. two inches higher than stock height, but then I do have the drive train etc. to install yet. The springs I took off the car had a 1/2 " front bushing and the new ones have a 5/8" bushing so I suppose the order taker would need to know which you needed. I lucked out as the offset hangers I had were for the 5/8" bushings. The next time I buy springs I'll just order from JRS and save a few bucks and possibly return hassles that happen with Whitney from time to time. I'll try to take some photos and post them this afternoon.
Bob

Wedgie,
The springs they sent you were probably from a volare (found 79 at the JY that had springs that looked like that). JC did the same thing to me and I wasted a nice coat of paint on em before I went "something doesn't look right"
the thread with the pics is:

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=17909

now I will say that JC did do right ... eventually gave me a refund.

but they SHOULD have fixed their website by now!! :pain10:

Heres a shot of my 69 with the 5 leaf JR springs in it. They have since settled about 1/2 inch but much better than the clapped out originals...kept those too so I can have them re-arched sometime (5.5 leafs).

These replacements went right in with no problems whatsoever. Car came with the 5/8 front mounts already so it was a bolt in affair. Len

0512071931a.JPG

Here is a photo of my Duster with the 5 leaf springs. There is a floor jack under the rear end so the car's weight is on the springs and not the jackstands. I was in a hurry and just slapped the tire on, but you can get an idea of the lift these springs offer. The tire/wheel is 245-60 -15. I hope the springs settle down some when the rest of the drivetrain etc. is installed.
Bob

juiceqtrbignew.jpg

juicejrsprings.jpg

juiceqtrbignew.jpg

juiceqtrbignew.jpg

juicejrsprings.jpg

juicejrsprings.jpg

i have the s/s 002,003 on my duster.love them.they are too stiff for an abody at the strip but give it a great stance on the street.i have an extra set i am selling for 100.this weekend.if he decides he does not want them.i will give u a chance at them.here is a shot of the stance of my car with them on it.the car has 295-50-15 tires on the rear.they are pretty wide and make the car have a great stance..

DSC00831.JPG

DSC00829.JPG

-
Back