jeep rearend question

-

grease monkey 73

Reaction score
Hey guys i have read on here about swapping out the rear disc break set up from a Jeep grand cherokee onto a 74 model 8.25 well i found a Jeep to donate its parts for my dart what i was wondering is will the 3.73 sure grip gears out of the jeep rearend work in my housing with my axles or not if anyone could help i would really appreciate it

Don't think the axle splines are the same Jeep is 29 spline yours is 27 why not swap the whole rearend?

Jeep is 4 link and im trying to build on very tight budget if it not for that and the dart being my daily driver I'd love to 4 link the dart but that may come later who knows

What year is the Jeep rear end out of? If Pre 97 or maybe 96, the axles are 27 spline. I'm using a Sure Grip from a late 70's 8.25 and am getting ready to install it in a 73 A Body 8.25 housing. Am using the disc set-up from a 95 or so GC. Drop me a PM and I'll go over some things I found out.

Just got off phone with dodge dealer found out that its actually not a sure grip its an open rear end so there went that plan i guess I'll just settle for the brakes for now

-
Back