Jegs, Summit, or Local Parts Store?

-

matthon

Reaction score
I need to gather parts to finish putting together an engine (cam, timing, rockers, gaskets, etc), clutch (everything), and other parts (tranny seals/gaskets, etc).

It would be nice to get everything in on place, to save time, shipping, and bs.

Let's look at a n Engine Kit Gasket Set.

Jegs
Fel Pro KS2110 for $55.99, does not include intake gaskets and valley pan, which is separate; Fel Pro #375-1214 for $24.99.

With shipping a total of $93.97.

Summit

Fel-Pro QFS7891PT - Fel-Pro Gasket Kit Sets for $117.99, and it states it comes with the intake manifold gaskets, but not the valley pan; Fel-Pro QMS96007 - Fel-Pro Valley Pan Gaskets for $17.95.

With shipping a total of $147.89.

Advanced Auto (aka local parts store)
$49.99 for the gasket set, not sure it they include the $10 for 'shipping' plus the intake and valley pan set for $24.99, which I have bought before and there was no 'shipping' charge. I am looking on-line, and I am not sure what the deal is with shipping to your address or to the store, the website is not clear- worst case scenario:

With shipping a total of $84.98.

NAPA was in line with Summit.

$10 difference between the local parts store and Jegs, $60 between the local parts store and Summit, and $50 between Jegs and Summit/NAPA.

I can justify the extra $$ and get everything from Jegs, (or close to everything), because when I added $200 more to the cart the shipping increased by exactly $1 and I would not have to order/pick-up.
I added $200 more to the Summit cart and the shipping increased by exactly $1 as well.

Same Felpro parts, so why such a huge difference in pricing?

Where do you guys buy parts, (in bulk)?

I like to but local whenever possible. I asked at my local CarQuest " If I buy a lot of parts monthly or bi-monthly or only a few times a year, can I get a better price ?" Set me up with a jobber account and nice savings. Just something to think about. Even on ordered parts, no shipping charges.

advanced usually has free shipping to your home at $75 spent plus usually a discount code at the top but you'll have to pay sales tax unless your in ohio or nevada no tax from summit or jeg's

Unless I'm missing something, Jegs and Summit usually have the same parts and similar prices. Comparing "apples to apples", Summit is .04 cheaper tha Jeg's on KS2110!

http://www.summitracing.com/search/?keyword=KS2110&dds=1

I missed that one on Summit, the one I found has all of the same gaskets, plus the intake manifold gaskets w/o the pan.
I don't think they are for the same engines, even though they share 383 and 413: 361, 383, 400, 413, 426, 440, vs 350, 361, 383, 413.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/FEL-FS7891PT/?rtype=10

So Advance is really $74.98 and Oreilly is $79.98.

I'll have to see if they have more parts available on-line before I go to the store. It usually helps, as most of the time they have difficulty locating what I am asking for because the car is not completely stock. There is an Advance near my work and the guys there know their stuff, they don't just ask for year, make, model, when I tell them I need something for a Holley carb that never came on the car I have.

Thanks FABO.

I missed that one on Summit, the one I found has all of the same gaskets, plus the intake manifold gaskets w/o the pan.
I don't think they are for the same engines, even though they share 383 and 413: 361, 383, 400, 413, 426, 440, vs 350, 361, 383, 413.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/FEL-FS7891PT/?rtype=10

If you have the correct part numbers available, just put that in the Summit & Jegs search for a direct comparison.

-
Back