Jet extensions and modified float

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

pettybludart

Reaction score
I,ve been doing some reading up on my AED 850 carb,cause I,m stuped as too my ET mph.I,ve been in the mid/high 10,s since running this 410ci sb,but only at 122-123 mph.Trans is fresh,so are 4.30 gears and 29 inch slicks.My 60 fts have varied from 1.44-1.50(not bad).Now with the transbrake I,ve noticed abit of hpping off the line.After reading AED,s tech,they say anything under a 1.60 60ft to run their jet extensions with their modified float in rear bowl.Also to run 3 sizes up from stock jets(79/87),so will try 82/90 once I get the extensions and float and work my way down if need be.Do you guys think I,ll pickup any mph by adding these?I,m after that 10.50 pass and want to see if I can lower my 60fts with the transbrake.Thanks for any help.

Put them in with the current jetting and start stepping up is what I would do until it slows down.

You might want to try the small piece of hose between the carb vents with a slice at the top for the venting to keep the front vent from dumping gas into the throttle bores..

I put jet extensions on my carb last year when I was having issues with a float, it ran exactly the same before and after. As far as jetting, I would just do the usual (jet it up till the MPH slows down, then back it up 1 step).

Crackedback, LOVE the new avatar...LOL!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back