Job Search

-

64 SRT8 Dart

Reaction score
Several weeks ago I posted about my current job situation and how it seems the worst individuals make it into the leadership/supervisor positions at the shop I'm at.
Well, last week, both the younger lead and myself got demoted by the former department manager they rehired. So....

Last week I applied for a Warehouse Supervisor position for the Mopar Parts Division of a Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler/Ram dealership here in town!! Hopefully I hear back soon and that they feel I'm qualified enough.

Also, the City of Colorado Springs is in dire need of Police Officers now and are even going to the extent of putting it in the news and had a job fair the 2nd week of March....that I found out too late. They are supposed to open up the application process this month; however, the next academy is March 2018. I went ahead and put in a job interest card and hopefully get a call from the recruiter. It's a long shot as the application process is so long but it'll be worth it.

All I know is I'm desperate to get out of this shop, which is sad, as I used to like working here. The owner even came to me direct about a side job he asked me to volunteer to do. It's a big 20'x10' C-channel hollow cross that's supposed to go out off I25 and Hwy 16 in a prayer garden. I'm supposed to get it done this weekend. I talked to him a few days ago about it and almost told him to find someone else....

Anyways, just thought I'd give a slight update since last posting about the dilemma. :)

Get out of there, but make sure you have a job before you put in your notice. I'd tend to be too busy for freebees.

OH, the old slap in the face after a kick in the nuts trick eh?

I would not be finishing a volunteer job for the same people that demoted you. I would just keep putting it off and never finish it and then when they ask you what's going on you can tell them your time is being spent looking for another job because your not happy and being satisfied there.

I would not be finishing a volunteer job for the same people that demoted you. I would just keep putting it off and never finish it and then when they ask you what's going on you can tell them your time is being spent looking for another job because your not happy and being satisfied there.
this^

you might try the Sarasota County sheriff's dept in Sarasota florida. they are always looking for Correctional Officers, they have a 3 month schooling course. very good place to work for, and the benefits are outstanding. hey, it's worth a call living here is like paradise. I put in 11 years with then. I wish you well. (scampman)

Well, this week I found out that they're restarting 2nd shift and giving the supervisor position to the younger guy with only 8 months of lead experience and have only been there for 6. I've been there over 10yrs and have 3yrs lead experience and they never even thought to ask. smh.

Now the sketchy floor manager is trying to warm up to me and joke around and stuff like nothing has ever happened. I'm so done with this place.

-
Back