Join Me for a Bowl of Menudo Anyone?

-
:lol: With you. Not at you. It's the second step on the freshly implanted nail that really gets your attention. :eek: I got very used to Tetanus shots as a youth. :rofl:

At me is fine, since I'm not one of those people that gets pissed off if someone laughs when I get hurt.
My Wife sure is though.:D

One of my friend's was carving something one day, slipped and cut about 1/2 inch of the end of his index finger clear off.
He jumped up and took off for the kitchen sink and I saw where the piece went, so I picked it up and handed this 1/2 section of the end of his finger to him with the nail still in place and was laughing as he puked in the sink from the sight.

Same guy slipped and drilled a 3/8 bit all the way through the palm of his hand and asked how he was supposed to get it out.
I started laughing and he said "Yea, that's what I thought" and reversed it back out.

I figure if I can laugh, I can get laughed at.:D
Fair is fair, right?

When Mom was still with us, she would make that stuff for Dad, and bless her heart would take hours preping it. Why so long, because as has been said, it does not have a pleasant smell, so she would spend tons of time cleaning it before cooking to include scraping away with a broad side knife, scrubbing with a green and even stainless steel scouring pad. Believe it or not, our home smelled fine thanks to her efforts.

Needless to say, I have come to realize we were very spoiled, R.I.P. Moms.

I love it and could eat it every day, but the stuff in the picture just doesn't look right.
It's supposed to be this color
Menudo_de_res.jpg

If anyone wants to know, the stuff they sell in the can at the grocery store is pretty damn good too.

Dang, I never knew. Learn something new every day.
Coming from the Ag side of the world, we grew accustomed to sharing lunch with the amigos. Somebody's wife or mom always shows up in the field and sells lunch out of back the van. Sometimes soups of varying origin and or burritos of unknown origin! Food and fellowship was best in the world. Many a fine meal, totally agree with previous post. There is a red and a white version both are yummy done correctly.

My ex-mother-in-law a professional caterer would on occasion put pata in her menudo. I had to discretely avoid the pig's feet bits in the menudo. :rolleyes:

Sometimes after all the cooking is done some persons scrape the meat off the bones, replace the meat bits back in the pot, and toss the bare bones. Use cow's feet, pigs feet, or other soup bones.

I love it and could eat it every day, but the stuff in the picture just doesn't look right.
It's supposed to be this color
View attachment 1715267792
If anyone wants to know, the stuff they sell in the can at the grocery store is pretty damn good too.
My mom makes it. I love hers! Restaurants are a hit or miss @ best. Yes it smells bad when initially cooking it. But once it's done yumm yumm!!! I like it with lots of onions and chopped serrano peppers.

Man when people start off with "when cooked right" I'm out. Way tastier cuts of beef.

And there you have it. A professionals take. Good enough for me.
The stomach is honey combed, there are actual stomach washers, you can wash it several times and still find feakle (****) to the laymen. Stomach and trepus or tripe are the two worst things you can produce from a cow.

The stomach is honey combed, there are actual stomach washers, you can wash it several times and still find feakle (****) to the laymen. Stomach and trepus or tripe are the two worst things you can produce from a cow.
Far as I'm concerned brisket is third, then. Can't understand why anybody would cook something for 12 hours to make it fit to eat. And I've smoked a few. Again, way better stuff to smoke. Just don't get it.

Far as I'm concerned brisket is third, then. Can't understand why anybody would cook something for 12 hours to make it fit to eat. And I've smoked a few. Again, way better stuff to smoke. Just don't get it.
This is true . Brisket is tough but also comes from the front quarter which is a heavy muscle and should not be put in same category as gut product.

Nope!
Had dog soup once in Korea, gagged like hell when I found out what it was.
Not eating anything I can't easily identify ever again.

Watch "chopped" on food network, they make the wierdest ****. Yesterday they had to make a dish out of pigs ears. The day before it was haggis.

-
Back