Junk Taiwan repo parts............

-

383Duster

Reaction score
Just need to vent some...........finally have some time to start piddling with my Duster. Ever since I bought it the remote control rear view mirror on the door has not worked. It is a repop from Year One that the PO put on about 4 years ago. I got it off and both the joy stick part has come apart where it was swaged together and two of the three wires have pulled out of the back of the mirror itself, in other words its total junk. I do have a nice shiny housing though......
And they want what........$170 for one of these????
Has anybody had any Taiwan parts that were not junk??
Where is the best vendor to buy a mirror from?
thanks in advance

I waited and bought one on ebay from a 33k mile car. They pop up for sale from time to time. I can't tell you how many parts i've bought once,twice,three times until I got one i was happy with.

I have a great looking housing and a mirror................think I am gonna try to figure out how to marry the two and just make a manual adjusting mirror until a nice OE remote one comes along.

I waited and bought one on ebay from a 33k mile car. They pop up for sale from time to time. I can't tell you how many parts i've bought once,twice,three times until I got one i was happy with.

i go this route too. ive got 9 s200 american racing wheels in the garage accumulated while finding the 4 on my car

guess everybody likes there Taiwan parts but me............

Not quite. Will not buy any Pacific Rim sourced fasteners for critical applications. All grade 5 and 8 must come from a US/Canada source for me to use them. There was a big fiasco about 15 years ago where China sourced Grade 8 bolts turned out to be Grade 8 only in a cosmetic sense only, despite the premium price paid for them. Issue hit the fan when a couple of light aircraft went down due to fastener failure.

Have had good experience with Japan and Korea sourced metric fasteners. I haven't run across any from there that are SAE spec.

I just went through this crap. I would never want repo body parts because they will NEVER be right no matter who makes them but..

I figured how hard can it be to make camber bolts? Well, a set of four yielded two with issues. I was refunded the ten I paid for that pair, then bought Moog. They were only 3 dollars more, but since I was now edgy about it I replaced all four and it cost me $26 plus shipping :(

I also went cheap on my lower ball joints. One each from different vendors. Left side, just fine. Right side...kills the zerks trying to install them, hole was a bit small. Drilled to the next size now it's too big. Argh! I guess I'll have to hand it to the old timers that are always spouting "no chinese junk for me!". I take everything with a grain of salt, but I've learned my lesson on this.

I refuse to buy import junk unless there is just no other option and I mean no other option because I have hunted everywhere I know to look.

Find the nastiest, ugliest one on ebay or at a swap meet, then use the guts.

...but beware, chinese chrome don't last too long, either.

-
Back