Just A Crazy Question

-

cpthowdy1369

Reaction score
was just sitting here reading the posts and this question just popped in my head. when i finally get to put the side stripes and other decals onto my 70 duster, lets say i screw up the alignment on one of the side stripes but i dont notice it until it has already dried and set. is there any way of removing the decals and sidestripes short of sanding them off?

I am going to have to go with no. That's why it is so important to tape them on prior to beginning and give yourself guidelines all the way through the process. Of course, using plenty of soapy water doesn't hurt either. ;-)

was just sitting here reading the posts and this question just popped in my head. when i finally get to put the side stripes and other decals onto my 70 duster, lets say i screw up the alignment on one of the side stripes but i dont notice it until it has already dried and set. is there any way of removing the decals and sidestripes short of sanding them off?

Yup, heat um with your wifes/girlfriends hair dryer and slowly peel them off, but sorry they'll probably still be garbage.

Terry

Yup, heat um with your wifes/girlfriends hair dryer and slowly peel them off, but sorry they'll probably still be garbage.

Terry

They will be garbage when pulled off!! If your not sure on doing it, take it to a vinyl sign shop like FastSigns or somebody local and have them put them on. Should only charge you for an hour or two labor...?? $70. or so....there's 4 or 5 guys around here that work that way, should be some out your way too.

-
Back