just bought a new mopar !

-

74slnt6

Reaction score
i needed a new daily and i was tired of having civics. i needed a domestic and a mopar. i found an 83 turismo on craigslist advertised for 1500 yesterday. went today and picked it up for 1200. almost 100% rust free, just a few spots on the bottom of the trunk, new brakes and tires, and its a 2.2 n/a motor with a 5 speed. its got 57,*** miles and drives like a new car. i couldnt not have this thing its awesome. anyone have any good info about these cars? i cant seem to find too much about them online. any info or tips would be greatly appreciated haha. Its going to be my daily non-winter driver for now and then maybe someday it will get a bad *** motor swap. oh and also its just had a fresh coat of b5 blue that looks killer. here it is let me know what you think !

00000_8c62u0WaEUV_600x450.jpg

00K0K_5q8AJYNmMQo_600x450.jpg

00202_bSImSBPbYeI_600x450.jpg

00y0y_oLhr01Bmth_600x450.jpg

That is a sweet car and a good deal too! Kegan B. knows alot about those little cars. Send him a P.M. and he will tell you where to look for info.

My mom had a new 03 024 with the same power train, good little reliable cars.
I just hope you never have to change the starter, they starter is a complete pain being on the back of the motor.
Keep the timing belt fresh and it should last a long time.
Mom's died at 180k when it dropped a valve.

Awwsome ride man,, I bought one as my daughters first car,, was great all round..

A common problem is with the transmission.. there's a case hardening issue with one of the shafts.. making it noisy .. hmmm in 3rd I think.. replaced it twice..

other than that and a plugged cat. converter .. was a great car for a lotta miles..

--have lotsa smiles puttin on lotsa miles... cheers

Very nice. Those have been ignored for a long time, hope they become popular again.

Nice looking car.But the 2.2 I had was the worst engine I ever had.We even had new one in High school that Chrysler donated and it was junk as well.

Way cool car man looks amazing. I am really liking these cars! I want a GLH or GLHS 80's Chrysler but have been looking at last gen Dodge stealth's with the twin turbo's and all wheel drive.

-
Back