Just brought my new Dart Home

-

jrlegacy23

68 Barracuda
Reaction score
I have been after this particular car for about 4 years now, finally the guy stoped over to my house and said he no longer wanted the car and told me its for sale for $4,000, I took it home tonight for $3,000. I think I good deal it has a matching set of 14" ralleys with center caps and trim rings and some badass 195/75/14's, 60K miles on the odometer and a great running 318/auto that I was able to drive home (5 miles :cheers: ). Here are a couple pics, they were taken in the dark... in the rain....
5642363-dart1.JPG

5642368-dart2.JPG

5642373-dart3.JPG

5642376-dart4.JPG

5642379-dart5.JPG

Hey i live an hr from you toward cortland NY....i have a few trunk lids for that car...looks good for 3 grand....weather was nice till about 6 when the sky opened up

Boecephus: I think it is stock, or pretty close to it. There is a newer dual exhaust that makes it sound like there may be a better cam installed.

Chasduster: I have been out that way a couple times. Gone to the car shows in Norwhich aand stuff out that way.

Give you $3500 for it!!! He wanted $4000, you make $500 off of me, you saved $1000 from him, so then you are up $1500........c'mon I'm dyin' for a dart!!

Give you $3500 for it!!! He wanted $4000, you make $500 off of me, you saved $1000 from him, so then you are up $1500........c'mon I'm dyin' for a dart!!

:poke: Gotta love that Canadian Math....
I have also been dying for a Dart... and have been trying to get this one for 4 years now.

The plan is to mini tub and put in the 500 cu in big block stroker that I am building. I was going to put that engine in a Dakota, but I love big block Darts.

WooHoo another 72' ! Great score ,nice you got the one you wanted if you've been waiting for 4 years I'm sure you know the car well.Congrats:cheers:And have fun !

Thanks guys. I am very happy with the car so far. I took her out for a little spin of the tires. Gotta love how a 318 will smoke a 195/75/14 tire. It definitely needs some work. It feels like it may need a ball joint or two. And something is up with the power steering, leaking or something. But, I guess on a 37 year old car, that is to be expected.

Boecephus: I think it is stock, or pretty close to it. There is a newer dual exhaust that makes it sound like there may be a better cam installed.

Chasduster: I have been out that way a couple times. Gone to the car shows in Norwhich aand stuff out that way.

yea the norwich show is nice and is getting bigger and biiger each year...There is a good one is Whitney point...500 cu inch do you think that is big enough LOL

The plan is to mini tub and put in the 500 cu in big block stroker that I am building. I was going to put that engine in a Dakota, but I love big block Darts.

I think you better plan on some welded subframe connectors as well or that 500ci big block is going to be twisting the unibody and creating a few wrinkles. Gotta have pics as the project progresses!!!

-
Back