Just caught a car theif.

-

72Valiant4Door

Trouble Maker
Reaction score
I went in to my car lot today to get some tools for the a body project, and I noticed one of my cars was missing.

We leave keys in them during business hours and noticed this trailblazer key was missing a week ago. Not unusual. Then one morning i noticed it was unlocked.

This car is parked in a bad spot for our cameras.

I get to the lot today and see it was missing. I immediately get the tracking device pulled up and see it was nearby. I hop in my lot attendants car and have him drive me through the neighborhood while I call it in.

Sure enough, there it was in a backyard... HALF RATTLE CANNED BLACK.
I jump out of the car, the whole time filming, and start knocking on neighbors doors. I ask if they know who lives therr and let everyone's of them know thersle was a stolen car there. Of course most of them were drugged up and playing dumb. At that point the cops show up and I identify one of the guys from camera footage. Then one of my customers pulls up at the house next door, where a crackhead chick answered the door.

Turns out the blazer was in The yard because a stolen car was in the garage.

Funny enough... i am wearing my greasy "Go **** Yourself" tshirt today .

I am still piiiiiiiiissssssssed.

Well, OK, I guess. But WHY in this day and age, would anyone leave the keys in the car, especially the neighborhood you just described?

We are in a major commercial area with moderate crime. The neighborhood the car was in a diff place.

Company policy is to have keys in during work hours.

dang smart move I would doing the same thing put gps in cars well hidden .

I here ya, A good friend with a lot in Vegas is hit at least once a month.He sold high end trucks and cars. Alarms,fence,gates,chains,video, nothing stopped them.They even stole his open trailer that was parked behind 4 cars.Never figured out how they got the trailer out.It's bad out here.

Glad ya caught it but your company needs to rethink their policy
2 cars in one shot is pretty good tho

make home made anti thief devices of our own so why not . I have a pretty good idea and car thieves will soon realized we all are being smart up.

what's the cost on that tracker? I want it.

there are a small device gps can stick on any where part of the car so it connect it to your smart phone once the car is reported stolen then you can activated the gps to notified the law enforcement to located the car pretty soon thieves didn't think can get away from it .

Glad the outcome was good. It could have been much different.

-
Back