Just like gutting a fish

-

fshd4it

Squid inc
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
But I guess that makes sense, no? I've made the jump into gen 1 A-body world, picked up a '64 Barracuda the other day from a good friend of mine and tore into it right away. Nice straight rust free car that's been sitting for a decade or so, but boy am I gonna need a lot of stuff. I'm realizing info/knowledge is probably at the top of that list, so please bear with me as this project moves forward. Or snowballs, like they all seem to.

For some reason I can't upload photos? Have to try again.

If the pic file is too big it won't load. Make sure you camera settings are for the smaller/smallest file size.

treblig

There we go.

20180305_124006.jpg

20180304_104932.jpg

20180305_124109.jpg

Looks like a great place to start. Solid for sure. Boy, you don't mess around. LOL

But I guess that makes sense, no? I've made the jump into gen 1 A-body world, picked up a '64 Barracuda the other day from a good friend of mine and tore into it right away. Nice straight rust free car that's been sitting for a decade or so, but boy am I gonna need a lot of stuff. I'm realizing info/knowledge is probably at the top of that list, so please bear with me as this project moves forward. Or snowballs, like they all seem to.

You know, the thing about "snowballing" is that you end up with a nice snow ball.

You know, the thing about "snowballing" is that you end up with a nice snow ball.
Sure, if you don't get buried in an avalanche...they sure come apart a lot faster than they go back together I've found. It is a nice, solid body (no bondo or rust other than surface, yet), but it's been messed with a bit as is usual. Wrong seats which tore up the floorpans, springs moved into the framerails with a narrowed 8 3/4, and the torsion bar crossmember & trans hump cut out (I'm assuming to fit a 727). Little stuff amazes me, like the fact that the glass is perfect with no clouding.

I don't think this is how you're supposed to do it. There was a hump from another car rivited over the hole.

20180321_082738.jpg

What's your plan for the restoration? Looks like a pretty solid body to start with. 65'

What's your plan for the restoration? Looks like a pretty solid body to start with. 65'
This is going to be the wife's car, so I'm trying to keep it pretty basic. Going BBP with 10.97 discs & 10 by 2 1/2 drums, rebuild the suspension/steering. Looks like I'm going to have to redo everything underneath but the T-bars. Interior was redone circa '70s or something, going back to as stock as I can afford. Either an LA 360 or 5.9 magnum and a 727, since I've got a few spares around. I'd like to find a '65 column shift column (I still have the 727 and cables that came out of my '65 Belvedere) as an option to the entire push-button system or a floor shifter. Stock exhaust for ease, especially since it's a PS car. She hasn't picked a color yet, but that's last anyway. Thinking any farther down the road just scares me.

Ok if you end up going cable shift and want a culumn to shift it look at Valiants or a Dart because the Barracuda was a floor shift in 65

Thanks, that confirms what I was thinking, as I've been searching the web for the last few days and haven't found any reference to auto column shift 'cudas. But they had 3 speed on the column, no?

-
Back