Just need to vent about US Bank.

-
. Apparently I owe them 0.01
Send them a check for $0.01

It will cost them 50 cents to cash and process it.

But then you're clear and free.

I checked the one of those sites that show money that the stat is holding for you

Sure enough I had one.

I filled out all the info and got my check in the mail.

3 cents!

I happily cashed the check and laughed my *** off!

Just had another idea...

Send them a check for $0.03.

Then request they send you a check for the over payment!

The good old days........When they knew you personally.
As much as I like my credit union, I will complain about this...
Up untill about 3 years ago they had tellers inside the bank, that you could walk up to, or drive up and chat with them at the window

(Both of them were very easy on the eyes, but that's neither here nor there)

Some beancounter must have decided they can do it cheaper by hiring some freaks to work from home and video call it in...and of course, none of them are easy on the eyes (but that's neither here nor there)

What does bother me, is that they don't know me

I used to could walk in with a check in my wife's name, drop it in our mutual account and walk out with the funds available and a lollipop

Now, not only do these hired guns not know me (meaning they need checks to be signed) I also had one of them put a hold on a check because it was a "large amount"
Hogsnot on that, it was 1500 bucks
(The old girls once cleared a check for 35K, just on my pretty blue eyes)

So, I started going in to make my deposits (quicker then arguing with a remote teller)

Wouldn't you know it, they hired someone new who simply doesn't want to work

"You can use our automated teller over there" she said

I didn't walk in here because I wanted to do your job

Lucky for me, that atm didn't work so she still had to do her job

Nah, I much prefer owing them the 0.01. I'm getting that 1000 fold in entertainment value lol.
Send them a check for $0.01

It will cost them 50 cents to cash and process it.

But then you're clear and free.

I checked the one of those sites that show money that the stat is holding for you

Sure enough I had one.

I filled out all the info and got my check in the mail.

3 cents!

I happily cashed the check and laughed my *** off!

Just had another idea...

Send them a check for $0.03.

Then request they send you a check for the over payment!

Oh don't get me started about US Bank.... a loan from there just dropped my credit rating 100 points because of a problem with my bank account that was hacked.....

I've always used the small home town banks. They give the best service and they treat me like a person and not a number. The one thing that I really miss is that none of them have Christmas clubs anymore, of course you can Debit money from a checking account or saving account to a electronic Christmas club. I like when I could walk up to the teller with my Christmas club booklet and make a payment it was awesome to get those $1000 checks before the holidays and they always paid the last payment for you.

I've always used the small home town banks. They give the best service and they treat me like a person and not a number. The one thing thatQuote I really miss is that none of them have Christmas clubs anymore, of course you can Debit money from a checking account or saving account to a electronic Christmas club. I like when I could walk up to the teller with my Christmas club booklet and make a payment it was awesome to get those $1000 checks before the holidays and they always paid the last payment for you.
I had forgotten about those Christmas clubs. Kelly Field bank used to do that. You never missed $20 here and there.

I'm pretty happy with my credit union, but I don't trust them.

That being said, I had a savings account with Wells Fargo in my early 20s. One day, I was going over my bank statement, and I noticed I had earned $.01, but they paid me $.00. I looked through many previous months' statements, and they all indicated the same. I was earning interest, but they weren't paying it.

I went into the branch and sat down with the manager, she said they would credit my account. NO! I demanded they pay me the 27 cents or whatever it was in cash, and I promptly closed my account. I just wonder how many millions of people they did that to, and who got the money.

I had forgotten about those Christmas clubs. Kelly Field bank used to do that. You never missed $20 here and there.
shows your age, i've never even heard of them
now growing up, there was what we called a 13th month
most places would pay out every 4th week, and most people would budget their months according to those 4 weeks
4 times 12 is 48 of course, but 365 divided by 7 is 52
52-48 is 4 weeks that didnt get paid out yet, and thats what they would call the 13th month

its a great lil bonus, and can be easily turned around by us normal people
lets say your mortgage is 1200 dollars, instead of paying 1200 per month, you put 300 per week in an account you then pay your monthly mortgage payment out of it
in one year you put in 15600, but only pay out 14400, leaving exactly one extra monthly payment with can than go to principle (or carparts)

I'm pretty happy with my credit union, but I don't trust them.

That being said, I had a savings account with Wells Fargo in my early 20s. One day, I was going over my bank statement, and I noticed I had earned $.01, but they paid me $.00. I looked through many previous months' statements, and they all indicated the same. I was earning interest, but they weren't paying it.

I went into the branch and sat down with the manager, she said they would credit my account. NO! I demanded they pay me the 27 cents or whatever it was in cash, and I promptly closed my account. I just wonder how many millions of people they did that to, and who got the money.
im guessing you've never seen "office space"?

on a side note, there are several countries in europe who no longer use any cash smaller than 5 cents

if you are paying with cash and buy something which is, say, 9.07, it will automatically drop to 9.05, but if it is 9.08 it will jump up to 9.10
now they question becomes, where do THOSE pennies go?

My wife has a Christmas club account at our CU.

5%

Canada does the 5 cent round thing.

shows your age, i've never even heard of them
now growing up, there was what we called a 13th month
most places would pay out every 4th week, and most people would budget their months according to those 4 weeks
4 times 12 is 48 of course, but 365 divided by 7 is 52
52-48 is 4 weeks that didnt get paid out yet, and thats what they would call the 13th month

its a great lil bonus, and can be easily turned around by us normal people
lets say your mortgage is 1200 dollars, instead of paying 1200 per month, you put 300 per week in an account you then pay your monthly mortgage payment out of it
in one year you put in 15600, but only pay out 14400, leaving exactly one extra monthly payment with can than go to principle (or carparts)

im guessing you've never seen "office space"?

on a side note, there are several countries in europe who no longer use any cash smaller than 5 cents

if you are paying with cash and buy something which is, say, 9.07, it will automatically drop to 9.05, but if it is 9.08 it will jump up to 9.10
now they question becomes, where do THOSE pennies go?
One of my favorite movies! Seen it dozens of times. This situation was the same. I can’t remember if it happened before or after the movie came out, but it was real life.

Informative thread here. When I relocated I had reps from US Bank, BoA, WF etc. all crawling up my *** to get a mortgage through them, felt so good to tell them I didn't get a mortgage because I essentially bought my house with cash (made a deal with my dad, he bought it cash and I make monthly payments to him interest-free and he has his name on the title along with mine). So far I've only used one bank that is regional to CO and the Midwest but since I no longer live there I'm probably going to open an account at a local credit union here in GA. My fiancé unfortunately uses WF, I'm going to try to convince her to take her money (literally) elsewhere, maybe the same CU if I have a good experience with them. I can't bring myself to trust big banks, big insurance companies, big business of any kind really. They don't give a damn about us regular folk and when SHTF we're the first ones to get screwed when they try to save themselves.

-
Back