Just starting first build

-

Scamp it

Reaction score
hi everyone

I’m really new into the car building thing and I’m gonna have a ton of probably stupid questions but I figure that’s how you learn
I’m doing a 1975 scamp... well trying to do it
I have a question
Does anyone know if a full front end out of a 74 e body would fit into the a body.... k frame and disc brakes... pretty much the whole assembly
Thanks

Welcome to FABO! As an auto shop used to say, "Never be afraid to ask a stupid question, they are easier to handle than a stupid mistake."

Good luck with your Scamp, got any pics?

K-member, steering linkage, and control arms are different. Most brake parts will swap.
Always listen to a C-130 crew chief. I have about 7,000 hours in C-130s as a Navigator. First, I would say POST SOME PICS. We LOVE to see pictures of new guys' projects. Second, I would ask why you were interested in in replacing an A body front end with an E body front end? That is an odd request. Here are my thoughts. Although there are differences between the parts (lower and upper control arms are different, torsion bars are different, K-member is different, etc.) they all work the same. What I mean is that the E body still has the same type of suspension, and I can't think of any advantage to the swap you are talking about, with the exception of adding disc brakes, and there are much better ways to add disc brakes to an A body. Here is what I would do. Buy a complete front end rebuild kit from PST (they are a FABO vendor and they offer us a 10% discount) for your car. There is no real advantage that I can see for switching to the E body front end. If you want to add disc brakes, there are lots of ways to do that.

Always listen to a C-130 crew chief. I have about 7,000 hours in C-130s as a Navigator. First, I would say POST SOME PICS. We LOVE to see pictures of new guys' projects. Second, I would ask why you were interested in in replacing an A body front end with an E body front end? That is an odd request. Here are my thoughts. Although there are differences between the parts (lower and upper control arms are different, torsion bars are different, K-member is different, etc.) they all work the same. What I mean is that the E body still has the same type of suspension, and I can't think of any advantage to the swap you are talking about, with the exception of adding disc brakes, and there are much better ways to add disc brakes to an A body. Here is what I would do. Buy a complete front end rebuild kit from PST (they are a FABO vendor and they offer us a 10% discount) for your car. There is no real advantage that I can see for switching to the E body front end. If you want to add disc brakes, there are lots of ways to do that.
I’m asking because I found a local guy selling the whole setup for $800
Mine is not in great shape so I was hoping to unbolt my k frame ... as it’s a slant 6 and I’m upgrading to a 318 magnum
And then just bolt in the whole front end... but it sounds like that won’t work to great

image.jpg

Welcome! Looks like a good start! Remember we all started out not knowing much. People on here like as much detail as possible when you ask a question. Lots of knowledge and experience here to help you.

Cley

Posted in wrong spot, sorry

Last edited:
-
Back