K frame, repair or scrap ?

-

Indyducati

Steve
Reaction score
OK folks,

I'm a dumb ***. Made two rookie mistakes. I thought I was old enough to know better...
I trusted a stranger from Craigslist. I didn't pay attention.

Our 67 Barracuda needs a front end rebuild, refresh, restore.
I had hoped to rebuild another front end, drop our old and install the fresh one.

Last night I bought an almost complete from suspension from a 72 Duster to be exact.
K frame out to the disc brakes, spindles, upper and lower control arms, all the links, sway bar.
I didn't get calipers, torsion bars or shocks. These parts had small bolt pattern discs, as does our car.

In my excitement, I ended up buying a scrap k frame... Looks like it's a 6 cylinder.
Even worse, it looks like someone torched off one of the motor mounts.
No one to blame but myself.

2 (1024x576).jpg

1 (576x1024).jpg

3 (576x1024).jpg

Anyone have any opinions at this point ?
Does this K frame have any value ?
Any point trying to fabricate the missing piece ?
Lick my wounds and hunt for another, good, k frame ?

Thank you,
Steve

looks to me like some one started to notch it out for a big block, that is were the oil pump would sit, but cut out a little to much. If you have a mig welder its an easy fix,
It all depends on how talented you are.

Well, I for one am quite the cheap a$$ when it comes to using anything salvageable. LOL. And I would ....scrap it. Unless you were planning to mod it as suggested in previous post. From what I have seen, you should be able to get a good slant K for 50 bucks or less.

Shame your so fare away I have a v8 k frame from a 67 barracuda you could have

Might be I'm thinking of a guy named Jim Lusk? Had some photos or video on reworking those mounts

Start here.....

Easy fix with a welder, still enough of the mount left to locate the patch panel.

If nothing else, you could move that idler arm clip to your 67 K member. You'll have a stronger idler arm attach and more affordable part too.
The triangle shaped forward mounts for that sway bar sell faster than the bar complete with.

Thanks for replies. In particular thank you Cawley. Very generous.

I put the word out last night locally.
Tomorrow a guy is bringing me another , nice 68 k frame. Cheap too.

So I'm back on track.

Steve

Good luck Steve.

Don't scrap that one, someone else can fix it and use it.

Thanks for replies. In particular thank you Cawley. Very generous.

I put the word out last night locally.
Tomorrow a guy is bringing me another , nice 68 k frame. Cheap too.

So I'm back on track.

Steve
good deal

-
Back