K frame ?

-

barnfindcuda

Reaction score
I have a 72 duster 340 that was raced, someone cut and modified the K frame, I would like to go with big bolt pattern spindles, since this Kfame is all boogered up I am considering finding a new k frame out of a 73 and newer v8 abody, is there any issues with doing this? I understand I will now have to use spool type engine mounts. I am using a 360 in the car. can anyone think of anything I need to be concerned about>?

thanks a bunch!

Nope. Just got through putting a 73/4 K under my 67.

The late K gives you the advantage of the later, improved, "spool" motor mounts.

Sometimes they are "cut up" to replicate the direct connection big block k-member (or could be one bought over the parts counter in the 80s) If it is cut like that, you might be able to get some decent money for it. I just put a 73 k in my 67 barracuda. On the second page towards the bottom of my build thread you can see the reinforcement I did on the new K. This is similar to what firm feel does.

I am located in Racine Wisconsin, 53406, the K member I have has been cut on and hammered on, the drivers side motor mount is cut and moved very crudely, I could fix it but I want the benefit of big bolt pattern and discs. Cuda65, does the Kframe you have still have the breaks and all? hoping to do a complete swap... thanks for all the input guys, really appreciate it

You don't need to change the K-member to add big bolt discs, but it does sound like your K should be replaced.

thanks guys, I know I can add to this k frame the big bolt discs, the reason I would like to just get a complete replacement all set up is because the Kframe I have has been cut on, banged in as well as other mods. they did a hack job, a complete bolt in makes a lot of sense to me. thanks got your input, it is greatly appreciated.

-
Back