k member concerns

-

340 sedan

Reaction score
I was reading the forums and noticed alot of questions about k members. This got me concerned because I just fabbed up some aluminum solid mounts and slung in the 340. am i gonna have problems with this or not? I measured clearances on my duster set a 318 block in and built off of that. it looks like it belongs there and the stance is perfect. the only problem i have encountered is the cotter pin on centerlink rubbing a header tube but thats a minor scratch. see pics in my gallery

Interference there is not uncommon depending on your headers. Isn't the aluminum a little harsh?

Bout the only thing I would say is that solid mounts transfer the engine vibration through the entire car and straight up the gas pedal to your feet, and eventually you will lose your mind or go blind, whichever comes first!!!LOL!!! Seriously, if the motor sits in there in the factory location, the K frame is doing it's job and you should encounter no problems. I would seriously think about putting some rubber isolator motor mounts in there unless it's a race only vehicle. You'll be happier in the long run!!! Geof

I have a set of solid mounts on my street car stroker, yes it does vibrate, and yes you will have to do routine tightening cause they vibrate stuff loose. But I love the solids, wont ever go back to rubber.

Interference there is not uncommon depending on your headers. Isn't the aluminum a little harsh?
Fourspeed, i think the aluminum is fine its 3/8 think and i know the welds are good cause i welded it lol!!8)
And I love the solid mounts at least til parts hit the pavement. Just Got a little worried about the frame not holding up. but its a mild build any way just a weekend cruiser. thanks for all the input.

Should be fine. We run solid mounts on buggys all the time with no truble at all. I have a set of Moroso solid mounts I still need to put on my Dart. The way my exhaust rattles around I don't think a little vibration is going to bother me any. LOL

-
Back