k-member year

-

aaadave

Reaction score
hey all, i've got a 72 dart that came with a 318. someone down the line put an 81 slant 6 in it. the kmember has spool mounts, which i understand was'nt around in 72, and i know they did'nt have dart kmembers in 81. is there any numbers on the member anywhere that can tell
me what year it came out of? also it has the 5 on 4 drums on it. did they put 9 inch drums on the 318 cars or was they all 10? thanks, dave.

Don't know about numbers on the K, but being for a slant with those mounts,it's gotta be a 73-76 K frame. If the PO used the sames brakes as the year of the K, it might be a 73 since a lot of slants that year came with 9 in brakes. Hope this helps

Dave, check this out http://www.engine-swaps.com/index.html its Schumachers site and if you look at the menu on the left it has a K-member identification guide with pics and years (as well as engine sizes they were used with) Theres more than 1 page, check the "next page" at the bottom because I think what you need is on page 2 or 3

thanks for the replies. i'll have to measure the perches tomorrow. i hav'nt had time to check the drum size yet, but if it has 10s, does it have the big ball joint or still the small one? i dont know just what they swapped out with the member, but if they changed the drums from a 73 up they should have the upper arm that will fit the later disk spindles. dave.

73 was the last year for small bolt pattern 9" drums. These would have the smaller ball joints. I am guessing you either have a 73 front suspension of a "Franken-Dart" built up out of somebody's spare parts pile.

318 cars had at least 10" drums, and typically disks by 72.

-
Back