Kelsey Hayes line question

-

Bunker45

Reaction score
Have a set of Kelsey Hayes disc brakes. Ordered replacement calipers from rock auto. Ordered flex line. Line Was from right stuff, card says for 70-72 all cars disc, front (correct) My question, what fitting fits in the caliper will allow mounting the flex line to the caliper.

On Mopar Kelsey Hayes, 4 piston calipers, the flex line doesn't screw directly into the caliper.
There are 2 metal hard lines on each caliper, and also a hose mounting bracket.
Sounds like you don't have all the necessary parts and pieces to complete the set up.
Fine Lines has the metal tubes.
And a member here, davescuda, repops the brackets.

Attachments

• Kelsey Hayes Brakes Set #3 013 (Copy).jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 215
Ok, I have the bracket. Anyone have a pic as to how this looks. Thanks for the help

Haha thanks. Am in garage and it didn't open at first.

Will the Kelsey-Hayes rub on the rim for 14 inch with 5.5 width?

Should be fine with a steel wheel or rally wheel. They were fitted to Formula S cars from the factory with 14 x 5.5 steel wheels.

I was just test fitting a 14 x 7 SBP Torquethrust. It looked like it would clear the rim fine, but it needed the center hole machined out deeper. It was 2-5/16 dia., all right, but the cut wasn't deep enough to go all the way down -- it stuck, leaving a 1/4 inch gap to the hub face. I suppose this is why these wheels came with a set of 1/4" wheel spacers. But that adds to the offset, which is already more than desirable (backspace is only 3.5", should be more like 4"). Anyway, that's besides the point...

Thanks MAX!

I put the slider calipers on and they hit. I grinded some and spaced some, but I would rater just bolt on some Kelsey-Hayes and be done with it.

-
Back