[WANTED] kelsey hayes part and proportioning valve

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mopower. The hold-off valve is not cheap. An adjustable prop valve is pretty cheap $30 on eBay. Or from summit racing. You can splice it is wherever you want past the distribution block.

If it will be too much trouble to remove and replace the existing distribution block I’m happy to easily refund your PayPal. I’d rather sell to someone who’s confident in what they are purchasing.

Let me know by tomorrow morning before it ships out to you.

Best of luck with whatever you decide. Just don’t be afraid of just doing something. Anything please! Otherwise you learn nothing.

Mopower. The hold-off valve is not cheap. An adjustable prop valve is pretty cheap $30 on eBay. Or from summit racing. You can splice it is wherever you want past the distribution block.

If it will be too much trouble to remove and replace the existing distribution block I’m happy to easily refund your PayPal. I’d rather sell to someone who’s confident in what they are purchasing.

Let me know by tomorrow morning before it ships out to you.

Best of luck with whatever you decide. Just don’t be afraid of just doing something. Anything please! Otherwise you learn nothing.
No, i still want it and sure wasnt intending on making you mad, i just did not understand and thought i already had it but obviously its not what i have..None of this was towards you and hope you wouldnt think that..? I thought I screwed up and already had the correct thing, thats all it was. Even if i was going to do the hold off valve instead, i wasnt going to ask you for a refund..it wasnt your fault and hope you didnt think that i thought that and i apologize if it came accross that way..It seems that whenever i post it always comes out this way and i dont know why..im asking questions because i simply am trying to learn, not to point fingers at anyone

If you are running big and little tires, forget that P valve. Make those rear brakes work as hard as you can, so long as they don't lock up first. If you need Proportioning back there, just swap to different size wheel cylinders.
I run the KHers up front with 235/60-14s, and on the back are 295/50-15s with 10x2" drums.; and NO Proportioning at all. I decreased the rear w/cs from 15/16 to 7/8 for 275/50-15s. But then swapped to 1" for the 295s. She's a great solid stopper now, with no tendency towards rear lock-up.
I also swapped out the 1" M/C for a 15/16", for a lil more accurate modulation.

As previously said; your only concern is that the rear end does not lock up prior to the front, which would send you into a spin; if you cannot back off, or if you panic I guess.

With big tires on the rear, and proper proportioning, you won't believe how nice the car stops, with those wimpy 235BFG fronts; it's like throwing out an anchor.

No worries mopower wasn’t mad sorry if it came across that way. Many ways to skin the cat as mentioned previously. I was just giving you the option in case you were still unsure and changed your plan of attack. I was merely say “get er dun” one way or another :thumbsup:

No worries mopower wasn’t mad sorry if it came across that way. Many ways to skin the cat as mentioned previously. I was just giving you the option in case you were still unsure and changed your plan of attack. I was merely say “get er dun” one way or another :thumbsup:
Thanks man! We will get er done one way or another!

Sorry A/J thats just bad general advice. Just 'cause you made it work for you doesn't mean its a good plan for all, or even most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back