Kelsey Hayes transfer tube

-

Jester

Large Member
Reaction score
The transfer tubes connecting both halves of the K/H caliper are leaking. Where can I purchase new lines?

here's a pic:

Brakes 025.jpg

I could give that a shot... 45 degree bends, right?

I could give that a shot... 45 degree bends, right?

they have a brake line bender for like 10 bucks at a lot of auto part stores too . just get some line and take off the line you got . and play around with it till the new one loos just like the old one . the hardest part is the flaring . i seem to always mess up the first try . lol. you need a some what good flaring kit i guess.

InlineTube.com has them for 24 dollars for a complete set....used a set on my 71 dart.

tubing bender $10, good flaring tool $??????, your time....mistakes!!!

$24 for new ............ no brainer!!!!!!!

my 2cts
Bob

lol yeah . but having a tool that will be used for over and over and the know how to do it your self . priceless!!!

I have 3 tubing benders ($12.00 each) and a quality flaring kit (well over $100.00). You`ll need a bender for each size tubing you`re working with. I agree with Bob, buy a set and be done with it. The replacements may even have the gravel guard installed as well.

Ya gotta pick your battles..myself I can't take on every task.

For the cost of the lines,might be worth it to buy em if thier that cheap!

yeah , im not trying to start any thing . it just if it was me thing i guess . do what you have to. me myself , i like to do anything i can my self .

Thanks guys! I tried to double flare and bend my own tubing, it turned out pretty good, until I stuck the wheel on and it rubbed, and then seemed too close even after adjusting it...

so I ordered up a Stainless set from Right Stuff. Fine lines doesn't ship to canada, and their Canadian distributor (Canada Line and tube) won't answer the phone.

now the wait begins :)

I have 3 tubing benders ($12.00 each) and a quality flaring kit (well over $100.00). You`ll need a bender for each size tubing you`re working with. I agree with Bob, buy a set and be done with it. The replacements may even have the gravel guard installed as well.

your bender didnt come with the differnt sizes ?

Here's a pic of the best I could do... almost there, but not quite. Enough messing around, the stainless lines should last longer than the calipers.

Brakes 035.jpg

I was just talking to a friend the other day that ordered calipers from brakewarehouse. I think he said they had them. You do mean the retaining clips for the pads?

-
Back