Keystone Raceway park schedule and a few Summit 10% off codes

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Had a very nice well attended racers meeting at Keystone Raceway Park yesterday. He explained how getting sponsors has gotten tougher and how going on Facebook or Websites and bad mouthing tracks really hurt which some guys can’t figure out. We will soon be able to get our ET slips on our phones and we are supposed to go online to open an account with our info on it to ease tech and track entry. Also if we are involved in an accident they can bring up needed health issues. They also said Summit codes were available after the meeting so I grabbed some. You guys know the rules by now. Message me if you need one. I’ll be in the shop till later so look for it this evening.

IMG_2033.jpeg

There's plenty of things to complain about in life, trashing a track is not one.
Talk to a track manager and volunteer time if you want something fixed.
Thank you for your generosity John

We have two 1/8th mile tracks up here in the frozen tundra of Maine, New Oxford Dragway and Winterport Dragway. It seems there is one racer and his girlfriend who are on a mission to trash both tracks. He's a good racer in the street class at New Oxford Dragway, and for some reason he decided to go to war with the owner of the track and was waging a very negative campaign against the track and its staff, to the point that he and his girlfriend have been banned from the track, or so I have been told. I attended the drivers meeting for Winterport Dragway a week ago yesterday and these two were there. Apparently the girlfriend's uncle is the track manager and it became very apparent that she's trying to get her hooks into how to run the track, which would be a disaster. After the meeting the two of them tried to drag me into their mudslinging campaign against New Oxford as they know I race there as well. I told them both in no uncertain terms that what they are doing is juvenile and stupid and I want no part of them or their childish behavior. I asked them point blank if it was their intent to see both tracks go away and their response was "absolutely not", to which I responded "then just shut up and race." Guess I won't be getting any Christmas cards from them moving forward!

And as usual, the nonsese and BS has been flying left and right about New England Dragway this off season. Disgruntled ex-employees and a couple of idiot racers bad mouthing staff and how things are done. It's ridiculous. Thankfully they either ran out of bad things to say or they were finally convinced that what they were doing was non-productive and have quieted down. Point being it serves no purpose to bad mouth the folks that work hard to keep our tracks open and running. We should be doing everything we can to help them and protect them. If you don't like how something is being done there are adult, productive ways to have conversations with track managment to address your concerns.

-
Back