KH Piston Removal

-

MuuMuu101

Reaction score
Good afternoon FABO! I'm in the middle of removing the pistons out of my KH calipers so that I can check the pistons for any blemishes and reseal them (old seals were torn apart). Anyways, I've gotten all of the pistons removed from one caliper, but I can only get 3 removed from the other caliper. The last piston will not budge one bit. I'm currently using shop air (don't recall the pressure but I think it's somewhere around 60 psi and that cannot be adjusted) and using various different thickness and width plywood between the pistons to try to single out each piston individually. However, no matter how hard I try, the last one doesn't want to budge. It doesn't seem like the shop air is leaking out from any of the other pistons either as I'm letting it blow through the system. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Unfortunately, I cannot put these back on the car with the rotors and pump the pedal with the MC installed. Thank you!

See if you can twist it first and then blow it out.
A little light tapping around the edge of the piston could help also.
Use a peice of wood block as to not damage the piston face.

Good afternoon FABO! I'm in the middle of removing the pistons out of my KH calipers so that I can check the pistons for any blemishes and reseal them (old seals were torn apart). Anyways, I've gotten all of the pistons removed from one caliper, but I can only get 3 removed from the other caliper. The last piston will not budge one bit. I'm currently using shop air (don't recall the pressure but I think it's somewhere around 60 psi and that cannot be adjusted) and using various different thickness and width plywood between the pistons to try to single out each piston individually. However, no matter how hard I try, the last one doesn't want to budge. It doesn't seem like the shop air is leaking out from any of the other pistons either as I'm letting it blow through the system. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Unfortunately, I cannot put these back on the car with the rotors and pump the pedal with the MC installed. Thank you!
used a grease gun to free thew pistons from the caliper. Just screw a grease fitting into the hole where the tube goes, pump the gun and it should come out.

-
Back