kick down linkage setup on carb stud

-

darc1722

Reaction score
How much space between the kick down linkage and the carburator stud that engages it, when you step on the gas. Should the stud be against the back of the opening or should there be a little room before it activates the kickdown on the transmission. Can someone post a picture of how it should look? thanks

I do mine on the tranny, when floored tranny lever should be all the all the way back. I don't even know if this is right, but seems to work.

wide open throttle wide open tranny but make sure just enough that it doesn't hinder throttle.

How much space between the kick down linkage and the carburator stud that engages it, when you step on the gas. Should the stud be against the back of the opening or should there be a little room before it activates the kickdown on the transmission. Can someone post a picture of how it should look? thanks

At idle, the slide link should be fully forward, held there by a spring setup. Functioning setup is as has been setout in above posts.

This pic is Big Block, but you sb should look similar....

Attachments

• Kickdown.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 1,138

What year and linkage is yours?

-
Back