Kickdown cables any good?

-

Woodys_Cuda

Ontario, Canada
Reaction score
I currently have kickdown linkage on order. It was missing from my car, the kickdown is tied right now. I'm getting tired of waiting though, are the cables a good thing? They are also cheaper than what I have on order. Are people getting good results with the cables? I'm on the fence.

I'm using a lokar kickdown and throttle cable setup. I'm quite happy with it myself. Instructions sucked but I worked thru it.

i run lokar cable kickdown on everything anymore... works great... i do agree that the directions suck...lol. pretty easy install..

Thanks guys. I've been waiting 4 weeks for the linkage. My patience is wearing thin. I was concerned about binding at the carburetor & transmission, & stretching with the cables. So now the cable looks like a good alternative.

no you don't have to worry about that.. maybe re adjust after about 1000 miles or so then its good to go...

and they work better with the afetermarket intakes,usaly the linkage is too short....and don't run your car too hard now..the kickdown also controlls your linepressure in the tranny!!!

Thanks everybody. I'm going to go with the cable setup. The linkage is on backorder. The kickdown lever is tied at the halfway travel point. I don't want to drive it that way.

Good choice. It's well engineered (not as pretty as the Lokar but better engineered) and you should get it in a timely fashion.

Yep you're right, it's a good cable. Everything was there for the install. The only issue I had was the throttle bracket on the carb. I used the included bracket to correct the issue. It works a treat. The kickdown cable looks just like the accelerator cable. It's inconspicuous.

I have a sixpack setup. The repro linkage rods/brackets would have cost $100 more. There was a six week wait, I'm not sure if they were having issues with them, or not.

Thanks everybody!

I was about to order the Lokar cable from MagnumHP.com, just wondering if I need to order the adjustable throttle bracket too or will it work with the stock bracket?

im using that cable on my street rod,,,works great,, i believe it is just a copy of the now used factory cable kick down on rams dakotas,,and durangos

im sure your correct that the instruction on the lokar suck,,,all tho there products look great,,they dont fuction great,,,i have one of there shifters in my street rod,,tey stole the idea from gennie shifters,,wish i new that when i bought it,,, lol live and learn,,,and then i have a lokar auto tranny dip stick,,that also sucks,,,looks great,, you need a special adapter to use a funnel to fil the tranny with,,,miladon makes a nice tranny fill /dip stick,,no adaoter needed,, i just cal them lowcrap,,,

you will be happy with the kick down cable you purchased,,,,

im using that cable on my street rod,,,works great,, i believe it is just a copy of the now used factory cable kick down on rams dakotas,,and durangos

you will be happy with the kick down cable you purchased,,,,

Yes I am, it works great. I talked directly with Randy, he tells me he is supplying his cables to some of the automakers. He was very helpful, and the instructions were great with the cable.

Awesome Barracuda there, btw.

glad it worked out for you,, customer service it almost impossible to find these days,,,,,thanks,,for your coment on my b cuda

I have used Lokar for years.I had their 1st ever built(for me)727 Dip Stick.I put the adapter on my funnel and leave it.I have one in the shop and one in the trailer.I get the Firewall mount tubes as it is very universal(for every engine application).It is very nice with my Hemi Engines as a stock stick will get you every time.They are also NHRA Certified Locking Sticks.I have the Throttle brackets,Cables,Kick down on my customers vehicles that don't want manual trans.I like them all...

SS

-
Back