Kind of worried about these online 727s

-
????AAMCO???? Is this a joke? Are you drunk? Are you high?

I see the town you have listed is Kelowna, shows a population of about 180K. There has GOT to be a local rebuilder in a cowtown that size that can put together a good TF

My suggestion is to get out and do some legwork. Find some local guys, hot rodders, racers, car club? And see if there's a local guy. He (she) may not be a commercial business, someone partly retired, or "on the side."

But Aamco? No

.................I could build u a good 1, but I'm aways away.........I built 1 for 70Dart Mike on the island...............kim.............

.................I could build u a good 1, but I'm aways away.........I built 1 for 70Dart Mike on the island...............kim.............

It would be for a 69 340 Dart..I'm in no hurry. I'll probably finally be able to finish everything up by 2017 some time.

It would be for a 69 340 Dart..I'm in no hurry. I'll probably finally be able to finish everything up by 2017 some time.

Yep, Kim built me one for my '70 Dart 340 and the 340 is far from stock. I've driven it hard with no problems at all. And, even with driving out to pick it up, the overall cost including gas was cheaper than getting one built here.
And I got to stop in Cranbrook at Dartnut's place and see his cool collection.

????AAMCO???? Is this a joke? Are you drunk? Are you high?

I see the town you have listed is Kelowna, shows a population of about 180K. There has GOT to be a local rebuilder in a cowtown that size that can put together a good TF

My suggestion is to get out and do some legwork. Find some local guys, hot rodders, racers, car club? And see if there's a local guy. He (she) may not be a commercial business, someone partly retired, or "on the side."

But Aamco? No

Wow what predudice. ..Ricky here in town is one best builder in town and he works at Aamco.
Of course I build my own.

Yep, Kim built me one for my '70 Dart 340 and the 340 is far from stock. I've driven it hard with no problems at all. And, even with driving out to pick it up, the overall cost including gas was cheaper than getting one built here.
And I got to stop in Cranbrook at Dartnut's place and see his cool collection.

Thanks for the props, Mike!
It was good to meet you too, and the tranny looked good strapped to your roof rack!
Back to the original post, Richie, i would definitely talk to Kim about it........

Wow what predudice. ..Ricky here in town is one best builder in town and he works at Aamco.
Of course I build my own.

This is not prejudice, it's fact. The happenchance that once in awhile one of their INDIVIDUAL employees does good work does not improve their really poor reputation.

Thanks for the props, Mike!
It was good to meet you too, and the tranny looked good strapped to your roof rack!
Back to the original post, Richie, i would definitely talk to Kim about it........

It sounds like he's Mr B&M of Saskabush alright :)

if you get one online,crt or a&a will be good choices,and you can get one without a core. shipping will hurt to the north land

find someone local. I've seen too many transmissions with a fancy name that are nothing but a stock unit with a high price tag. good luck

Once you find a good trans guy, hang on to him like grim death...

It's hard to find good ones...

Tim is an excellent choice in Vernon. I've known him for years and he doesn't fit the AAMCO shop mold. Tim is not only the manager/builder, but the owner. He's a knowledgeable builder and cares about the product he produces. In the OK valley, he's one of the few transmission builders that race. The only other shop I'd go to in that area has changed, since their builder/drag racer/ owner passed away . I don't believe they are doing any performance work any longer. If Brian was still with us, he'd be my first choice, with Tim a very, very close second choice.
By the way, Tim has a direct pipeline to any and all hard core race parts you need, including high stall converters. No need to go south and pay for parts with our Canadian Peso.
I'd use him in a second on my own transmission if I lived in that area.

-
Back