Knee injection day

-
I have some fasheitus in my left heel.

My doctor says "deal with it and take ibuprofin..."

"...or there is an injection that goes directly into the fleshy part of the heel, with about a 1.5" needle...until it gets to the tendon.

...and is very painful".

I cringe and shudder every time I think about that.

I self treated this after googling it. Many of us had it for metatarsal boots and climbing in them and standing on brick all day. I bought this cd and if I ever feel it acting up do my stretches.

image.jpg

I don't want to steal your thread but A- thanks for that and B- I nearly fell a few weeks ago, and in the process of stopping the fall, bruised the hell out of the top and ball of my left foot, behind the toes.

Since that pain appeared and has been plaguing me, the fasciitis has not recurred.
I find that very interesting.

I don't want to steal your thread but A- thanks for that and B- I nearly fell a few weeks ago, and in the process of stopping the fall, bruised the hell out of the top and ball of my left foot, behind the toes.

Since that pain appeared and has been plaguing me, the fasciitis has not recurred.
I find that very interesting.

A lot of our feet issues begin with the lack of arches in these dog gone shoes. I switched to New Balance shoes years ago and usually have two to three pair on hand. In the mill one of the guys bought hard plastic shoe arches at Bed Bath and Beyond and they about killed your feet but if you started out slowly they helped stretch our arch and gave us lots of relief. I have a hard Lacrosse ball that I roll my feet on. I can’t remember the last time I had foot issues

Good luck, John!

I've had arthroscopic surgery on both knees, and did all of the prescribed P/T, but the left one still bothers me quite a bit. I asked about getting the shot, but Doc wants to go in there again. No way, Jose!

I sincerely hope you find relief and that this works for you.

Good luck, John!

I've had arthroscopic surgery on both knees, and did all of the prescribed P/T, but the left one still bothers me quite a bit. I asked about getting the shot, but Doc wants to go in there again. No way, Jose!

I sincerely hope you find relief and that this works for you.

My one knee Meniscus was butchered twice then operated on by the doctor I’m seeing now. You should have seen my first doctor when I asked for my records. He thought he was getting sued for sure. My doctor said John he butchered you and showed me the X-rays. It looked like broken chicken bones where he operated. Needless to say I didn’t sue as I don’t travel that road.

If you don’t know me by now I’ll let you know two things about me. I don’t think you will find someone as stubborn and bull headed as I am. Two I don’t ask anyone but God for help.
And there you have it. Aren't you involved in a church? Stop being a stubborn old man and ask your church family for help. Swallow some pride and LET your church family show you some love, John. That's why they're there. That's exactly the type of reason why churches exist. Let them do it.

^^^^This! It's not taking advantage if people are willing to help and there are a lot of people in your life that would

I dang well know our church would be excited as all heck to help someone in your situation. We'd be fightin over who was doin it next. lol

My buddy an Elder in my church and I discuss this often. I am guilty to a fault about asking for help. I have friends offer to help on the car and I never take anyone up on it. The soonest I could have it done would be next winter so we shall see.

Voltaren is sold by prescription as Diclofenac. If you have prescription insurance, it may be cheaper by getting a prescription from your doctor. It works pretty well and lasts most of the day.
I had my first knee surgery as a teenager almost 50 years ago.
IMG_20240220_142409502.jpg

Honestly the injections are nothing and I can kinda zone out. My doctor loves giving me shots because of how relaxed I am. I’ve had so many needles in me it’s like hoooee hum. Cut 16-18 inches for a hernia, shoulder surgery, finger surgery, three knee surgeries, back injections, shoulder injections, countless knee injections, cancer cut out of my face, and I’m AB negative blood so up till several years ago I donated blood asap.
Yup!
The bigge is relaxing the muscles.
The tighter you are, the more they hurt.
My folks use a skin freezing spray during the injection.
All I feel is the cold and pressure of the stuff going in.
Besides, she's good looking! (Use a PA. The docs are rough!)
For my knee injections, I find that sitting up with my knees dangling down over the side of the table is much easier that trying to relax the knee while laying flat.
MAN UP! :lol:

Voltaren is sold by prescription as Diclofenac. If you have prescription insurance, it may be cheaper by getting a prescription from your doctor. It works pretty well and lasts most of the day.
I had my first knee surgery as a teenager almost 50 years ago.
View attachment 1716209850
Good stuff!
I use it when I'm going to be lifting a lot; or twisting the joint playing golf.

I have some fasheitus in my left heel.

My doctor says "deal with it and take ibuprofin..."

"...or there is an injection that goes directly into the fleshy part of the heel, with about a 1.5" needle...until it gets to the tendon.

...and is very painful".

I cringe and shudder every time I think about that.
Generous Aspercream (the "original"); and hot compresses.
Remember (med research), moist heat penetrates twice as deeply.

Wish you the best PBR... if it helps "The pain lets us know were still alive" anyway as long as you can still move around and do what you like to do. :thumbsup:

John, my 74 year old brother had his knees replaced one at a time because he didn’t want to be a complete invalid during his healing time. His recovery on the second knee went quicker because he knew the pain threshold of the rehab effort from the first one. The first one was when he was 73 and the second one was done 9 months later. He used crutches to get around until he could walk on the leg that had the operation.

My buddy an Elder in my church and I discuss this often. I am guilty to a fault about asking for help. I have friends offer to help on the car and I never take anyone up on it. The soonest I could have it done would be next winter so we shall see.
I wish we were local. I'd come over and help you with all of it as much as I could stand.

My best friend (57 YO) had his hips replaced a couple years ago.
Surprisingly it was only about a 3 week recovery.

I've seen that operation on TV.

I'd never believe only 3 weeks.
Incredible.

I'm on my 2nd Cortizone injection. Doc says I'm too far gone for the Synvisc. I'm just delaying the inevitable! LOL Best of luck to you. I hope it works.

I'm on my 2nd Cortizone injection. Doc says I'm too far gone for the Synvisc. I'm just delaying the inevitable! LOL Best of luck to you. I hope it works.

Don’t give up yet because I’m going on probably 20 years of knee issues and my doctor is still letting me dictate what we do. I’ll try to do a follow up a few months down the road when I’m probably due for my next round of shots.

I got cortisone in both my shoulders due to bursitis about 15 years ago.

One is back to 98% (from about 60%), the other to 95% (from about 45%).

They got there in about a month, and haven't gotten any worse since.

I got cortisone in both my shoulders due to bursitis about 15 years ago.

One is back to 98% (from about 60%), the other to 95% (from about 45%).

They got there in about a month, and haven't gotten any worse since.

I had several in my right shoulder I’m guessing close to 30 years ago and a lady doctor finally went in and did a scrape job. She did a great job but said because of doing Millwright work and swinging sledgehammers this would have to be repeated every so often. She moved to Washington state years later because of taxes and luckily I never needed it done again. I have episodes especially being a side sleeper but nothing worth addressing.

The shots worked for a few years for me, till one pushed something into my left knee. It opened up my world to the joys of knee surgeries.
1. Clean septic knee and scope.
2. 5 more scopes to delay replacements. 3, each knee.
3. Left knee replacement.
4. Right knee replacement.
5. Left knee replaced again, due to ligament damage. I'm not always smart.
6. I didn't follow time instructions, and tore left quad muscle.
7. My dog licked a cut on my leg, and I went septic, causing...
8. Clean out infection in left knee, replace a couple parts and repair quad muscle.
It's been about 18 months, and I can do most stuff again. All the operations and age have played into my abilities.
This year, it's three esophageal ablations/burns, to help prevent cancer. [first one on Monday/26th] These will be operations 22,23, 24. YEA!!! Golden years, my ***!

Last edited:
That’s a shopping cart for sure.
Not the kind of shopping I prefer...
There's a list of other operations. New Dr.'s always laugh at my resume....More than one has said I'm a tough SOB.

Good luck with the knees. Once I had mine done, things were much more comfortable. The only caveat is.....a large portion of people who have them replaced, don't kneel again. I haven't. It feels really creepy/hurtful. Can't really explain it.

Not the kind of shopping I prefer...
There's a list of other operations. New Dr.'s always laugh at my resume....More than one has said I'm a tough SOB.

Good luck with the knees. Once I had mine done, things were much more comfortable. The only caveat is.....a large portion of people who have them replaced, don't kneel again. I haven't. It feels really creepy/hurtful. Can't really explain it.

This is kinda what I discussed with my doctor several times. I’m on my knees in my shop a lot, I have 7 cats and clean four liter boxes, I tie and untie my race car every day I race, I check tire pressure before every pass. He said that wouldn’t be good and I said I know.

-
Back