knee surgery

-

dodgeboy

Reaction score
imgoin to have surgery to fix some a torn miscupit in my knee they tell me there goin to drill 2 holes in my knee and grind the bad stuff off its out patient surgery,tell me i will be back up and goin 3 or 4 days anybody had this done can tell me what to expect post surgery.

Yup the 3 to 4 days aint going to happen .. You will be able to walk around and what not but 100% and ready to rock and roll no lol . Im sure they told you that over time that it can start to pop and make sounds . been there done that . You will be fine in 2 weeks bout to 100%

Done the anesthetic for hundreds of them. Never had one done though. The best advice is to follow their instruction to the tee. And especially don't eat or drink anything after midnight the night before.

Come down to Chickasha and visit your daughter and get Dr. Kirkpatrick to do your surgery. He Is one of the best I've worked with.

well i guess im gonna have to tuff it out i own my own truck and pull flatbed im doin the surgery on a wednesday so that gives me til the following monday to recover trk cant be down anylonger than that will have to try to book loads that i dont have to tarp or crawl around on for a bit just throw straps and go

fj my ex and her dipstick are their visiting now guess you guys are gettin a bit of snow right now and thx kimmer

If it starts to swell... GET OFF OF IT!

I've had 6 knee surgeries and none of them went as easy from a recovery standpoint as the docs thought.

Hope all goes well, but, you're itching to re-aggrevate the knee. Be careful.

25 years ago I had outpatient surgery to repair a partially-torn meniscus in my left knee. The orthopedic surgeon thought I'd torn it running the bases playing softball.
When I woke up he said he had both good news and bad news - the meniscus wasn't torn (good); my knee was the equivalent of 65 years old and full of arthritis (bad). He told me I'd need a knee replacement before I was 50.
Good luck with your surgery and do EVERYTHING your surgeon tells you to do for rehab.

If it starts to swell... GET OFF OF IT!

I've had 6 knee surgeries and none of them went as easy from a recovery standpoint as the docs thought.

Hope all goes well, but, you're itching to re-aggrevate the knee. Be careful.
Yep.....what he says...especially the part about you itching to re-aggravate the knee. If you can not take enough time off for the recovery perhaps you should just wait.....otherwise you will probably just be having it done again...

Can you find someone to "ride" along for your 1st few hauls to help you...? Don't push the recovery like others have already mentioned. It's better to lose a few $$ now than lotsa $$ later.

Best of luck & prayers sent for a speedy recovery :thumbup:

Hope all goes well Dodgeboy. I understand having to work but remember if you get it done and aggravate it again by getting right back on it your asking for trouble. Not many know better than Rob-Crackedback about knee problems.

imgoin to have surgery to fix some a torn miscupit in my knee they tell me there goin to drill 2 holes in my knee and grind the bad stuff off its out patient surgery,tell me i will be back up and goin 3 or 4 days anybody had this done can tell me what to expect post surgery.

I was on mine in four days but was in a brace but it was far from decent for about 6 weeks. Follow the doctors orders to the T and don't think you are King Kong. I had a sports surgeon do the proceedure and he was the best I could find.

good luck , had right knee done ,they cut out 40% of my cartilidge did some
grinding . they went in, in 3 places on the knee with a camera , a grinder and snippers of some sort and a vacum . That was a year ago next month. Still not 100% but I am back to work.
My knee was pretty bad thou. Was so glad to have it done , a noticable difference
and less painful right away minus the surgery pain of course. LOL Good luck.

-
Back