Laminate Flooring....

-
Solid wood for the win. Adds instant value to your home, ability for future maintenance, repairs, and sanding, no repeating patterns, limitless color options, and major developments in dust reduction technology make the process much easier, and newer finishes and stains have much lower V.O.C.’s or even penetrating oils making a big splash in the industry. I’m biased though, a solid hardwood guy for 27 years.

I installed Pergo in my kitchen/ breakfast room 23 years ago. It still looks great. I did seal the seams at the sink and where I had my 55 gallon fish tank. It saved me one when the pump leaked on the tank.
I installed more of it on the rest of the first floor with my then 5 year old son helping (he’s 20 now). I was 98% done when he decided to help roll the tv back into place. Pushed it right off the stand and screwed one plank up pretty good. I really thought I was going to have to pull it up back to
That point but went to the neighbor that was a flooring installer first. He showed me how to replace the planks
In the middle without pulling it all up. Cut down the middle with a circular saw and pull it out. It the bottom of the lock part off on the two sides and use a bit of Elmer’s wood glue to secure it where the tabs were cut. It is still down and looking pretty decent.
Now recently I did the second floor, again with pergo. What crap that is now. The slightest moisture gets onit and it swells and pops. I did the last room in Lowes brand since it was economical. It has held up well and water doesn’t effect it ( cats water bowl in on it).

Solid wood for the win. Adds instant value to your home, ability for future maintenance, repairs, and sanding, no repeating patterns, limitless color options, and major developments in dust reduction technology make the process much easier, and newer finishes and stains have much lower V.O.C.’s or even penetrating oils making a big splash in the industry. I’m biased though, a solid hardwood guy for 27 years.

You buy it and we'll put it in.

inlaws did their kitchen with it. Professionally laid and looked great. The spilled some water on it and dried it immediately. Months later we noticed a few joints were swelling, but not buckling. More of the laminate getting thicker and spongy looking? Well, it was still under warranty and had the suspect pieces replaced, (fully floating intallation so they just pulled it apart like legos and relaid it), wasnt more than a 2 hour job. Matched up perfectly. The circular blades on that multi-tool oscillating saw thingy work great as they are very thin kerf. The splitting of the planks is the same way you repair a hard wood floor.
61HepyvvzCL._SX425_.jpg

inlaws did their kitchen with it. Professionally laid and looked great. The spilled some water on it and dried it immediately. Months later we noticed a few joints were swelling, but not buckling. More of the laminate getting thicker and spongy looking? Well, it was still under warranty and had the suspect pieces replaced, (fully floating intallation so they just pulled it apart like legos and relaid it), wasnt more than a 2 hour job. Matched up perfectly. The circular blades on that multi-tool oscillating saw thingy work great as they are very thin kerf. The splitting of the planks is the same way you repair a hard wood floor.
View attachment 1715241612

I used a cheap lowes chop saw, worked very well, still have it and it did not dull the blade at all. The seam sealer was actually recommended for use on the laminate if used in wet conditions.

-
Back