Landys Moms Car ?

-

Johnny Dart

Reaction score
Tomorrow I am going to look at a 1973 Dart that was owned either by Dick Landys Mom or his aunt. Just got a little bit of the story, but there is documantation that it is one of the Landys car.

Like I said going to check it out tomorrow,and get the full scoop.
Its suppose to be an all original 318 car.

So what do you think ?
Is this a special car because of the owner ?
Or is it just another 73 Dart ?

If it's somehow related to Dandy Dick Landy it's a special car. All those cars with famous people stories are cool but a Mopar related to Landy is a little xtra cool. Good Luck!!!

If it's somehow related to Dandy Dick Landy it's a special car. All those cars with famous people stories are cool but a Mopar related to Landy is a little xtra cool. Good Luck!!!

Ya, Thanks.

Will get to the bottom of this car tomorrow. :cheers:

73 318 dart? unless it was something special like raced or something like that to me its just another 73 dart. even if landy owned it i don't see why it would be anything worth anything more then a 318 dart.

Unless Dick Landy him self owned it, it is just another car.

I agree...it is like that six degres of seperation game with Kevin Bacon. " My car was once owned by the neighbor of the guy that used to sell the newspaper to the second grade teacher of Lee Iacocca's son in law"... It makes for a good conversation piece...but it doesn't make it more valuable.

Would it be worth any more I would say no, Does it have a good back story yes. Since so many cars out there have no story this would be cool I would think.

Well I guess it is just a cool story. Still wouldnt mind owning it.

Looks like a 74+.

IMHO, I don't think there's any additional cache to it unless it was a Dick Landy owned car, i.e. name on the title, etc. Even then I think it's a stretch to get anything more than what another 74 Dart in similar condition would garner.

It's a clean looking car, that's for sure.

I think that it *MIGHT* be worth *slightly* more to *a few* people. But all you are getting is a real clean 74+ dodge dart. I would check the story out as I really don't see Dick Landy or his family owning a base 2bbl Dart and sticking his stickers on it. I once owned a 67 Dart Form S 383 that was raced at a track when Dick Landy was there. Does that make it more valuable?

My .02

Just curious, why?

because a ton of people shy away from the 74-up because they don't like the front and rear end. on a 73 you can change the front end and have it look like the 70-72 dart which are quite a bit more popular. on a 74 you can change the front end but your still stuck with that rear end. well without any major surgery anyway.,

To me the year doesnt matter,unless I was going to restore it. I already have the 70 Dart, which imho is the best year of the 70-72 Swinger. Other than the story of the car,I would not have any reason to buy a 73 up Dart. Plus this car is exceptionally clean.

What I'm hearing from the guy who told me about the car is that it is Landy's mom's car,with all the documentation to prove it. Will see Sunday.

Say what you want,but not to many people can say they drive Dick Landy's mom's car. lol

Anyways,didnt start this thread to start a pissing match.
If you like it cool, and if you dont cool.

73 318 dart? unless it was something special like raced or something like that to me its just another 73 dart. even if landy owned it i don't see why it would be anything worth anything more then a 318 dart.

i agree but it is a super nice car and i love the landy stickers. it has a great history but i dont think its all that diffrent from any other run of the mill mopar he sold from his dealership

To me the year doesnt matter,unless I was going to restore it. I already have the 70 Dart, which imho is the best year of the 70-72 Swinger. Other than the story of the car,I would not have any reason to buy a 73 up Dart. Plus this car is exceptionally clean.

What I'm hearing from the guy who told me about the car is that it is Landy's mom's car,with all the documentation to prove it. Will see Sunday.

Say what you want,but not to many people can say they drive Dick Landy's mom's car. lol

Anyways,didnt start this thread to start a pissing match.
If you like it cool, and if you dont cool.

Pissing match? I'm not seeing one.

I agree...it is like that six degres of seperation game with Kevin Bacon. " My car was once owned by the neighbor of the guy that used to sell the newspaper to the second grade teacher of Lee Iacocca's son in law"... It makes for a good conversation piece...but it doesn't make it more valuable.

MMMMMMM Bacon! :love7:

I think this car is a piece of memorabelia and as such has a certain value to different people. One mans trash is another mans treasure. Landy personafied Mopar Factory racing at it's highest level for almost 20 years. And he did it with Character and Class. He forgot more about building and racing Mopars than most boneheads out there will ever know. Is the car worth alot more ? Probably not. I, for one, would appreciate the history and probably would pay more for a car like this one , even though it wasn't anything mechanically special. And I would definately choose it over a similar car owned by some John Doe. JMHO

its rare at 1 time mom had to bring him dick to school in it lol

My Dads old Superbee racecar was a Landy car.

2201815-Jul1977AlleyOopSSGABrainerd copy 2.jpg

-
Back