Largest size wheels.

-

plumcrazeman

Reaction score
I know this question has probably been asked thousand times but here it goes. What are the largest size wheels I can fit on a stock 70 dart? And if I put super stock springs in what's the largest size? Thanks Ed

Sorry I,m not much help,don,t own a 70.If you search through the tires forum,plenty of answers to help you out.Good luck.

Check down a few posts and see the one by 805moparkid. This should help you since the 2 body styles have the same rear quarters.

My brother had a '71 Dart with SS springs and I fitted a 27560R15 tire on a 15X7 police wheel with no suspension mods. I could fit my fingers between the fender lip & tire. Maybe 1/2 inch clearance. You might need to roll back the fender lip to be safe. Can't remember clearance between rim & springs but it "did" clear. At the time he had a 25560R15 on the car. Hope this helps.

Just wanted to share this info. I moved my springs moved in .80 inch with Mopar Perf. shackle kit. Installed a 16X7 Ferd police wheel with 6 in. back spacing. Ended up with 3/8 in. clearance to the spring. This is on a '71 Duster Here's a pic.

Attachments

• Ford Police Wheel w 6 in bs.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 262
I run a 275/60r15 in my Dart. Its the 70 in my avatar. Its real low and only rubs going into extreme driveways and it rubs the top of the fenderwell. Its on a 15x7 Bogart with 6 1/8 backspace.

-
Back