late model blowers

-

7duce swinger

Reaction score
Has anyone here tried this, side mounting or top mounting a blower to a blow through carb? Plenty of brand x have done it with good results ,just wondering why no one has done it.

Bottom mustang was mine with a jag Eaton m112

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-22-17-12-14.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 944
  • Screenshot_2014-11-22-17-13-49.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 724
  • Screenshot_2014-11-22-17-14-21.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 658
  • CAM01055.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 664
Come on.. No one has wanted to supercharge their car for less then 300? I did this on 180$ I'm sure someone would want to go this route. Sat way too high, but definitely worked. I want to do this to an abody with forged small block, just thought it was cool when I first seen it, and wondered why no one has went this route, or if anyone ever did?

Nice work on the mustang. How does it go? have you had it on the strip?

I have wanted to try an Eaton M122 supercharger on a magnum 5.2 or 5.9 engine (blower from an 07-12 gt500).

I plan to use an in-manifold water to air intercooler and a megasquirt ECU.

Hey frost, Nope, never got to take it on a strip, I wish I could have, I drove it a total of 6 times around the neighbor hood, and here and there. Definitely an increase in power, I was using the stock blower pulley and stock crank pulley, supposedly its good for 8lbs with the stock mustang pulley. Stock I'd have to rev it up to 3k to spin the rear hoosiers, with the Eaton, it was right off idle, I didn't have to rev it, just get off the clutch and step into it, it'd spin a good bit. Launches were amazing quite a bit of fender gap with the blower lol.

I copied the pic that has it side mounted with the trickflow intake, no intercooler, but it was running a Bosch bypass valve. Apparently they work better with the bypass,(says the guy that did that setup) it never got hot on me, BTW.

I'm familiar with the m122, I chose the m112 because its a lot easier to get and pretty close in power to the m122, somewhat. I'm going to do it again, same mustang, just sidemounted and same type of blower.

I was using a vortech fmu, and stock injectors on that one, intake manifold was an explorer gt40 which is just a better flowing manifold found on explorers, although they did come on cobra's and other special models. That Lil setup I sold a while back, and did good on the guys 32 valve cobra motor.

You stole that blower. I have an M112 off a lightning I might try that I paid $400 for. Was for another project, but I kinda like the idea of a blow through...or draw through for that matter.

One of the meanest slant 6's I've heard in a while....

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5dr36KSzZA"]\6 with eaton m112 off of a jag. - YouTube[/ame]

You stole that blower. I have an M112 off a lightning I might try that I paid $400 for. Was for another project, but I kinda like the idea of a blow through...or draw through for that matter.

\6 with eaton m112 off of a jag. - YouTube

That actually sounds pretty good!

I stole the blower? Excuse me?? I bought the blower off a wrecked jaguar xjr here in town. And I copied the guy that did it in the ltd,(pic with trickflow efi manifold.

Slant six I've seen a long time ago. My idea came from the ltd. Only thing is the bearings need to be changed to run draw through as he is using it. The gasoline messes them up.

\6 with eaton m112 off of a jag. - YouTube

Can you clear up how I stole a blower? When I removed it off a jaguar in a wrecking yard?

I think by 'stole' he's referencing the low price you bought it for. As in, it was a 'steal'. I don't think there was meant to be any foul there.

This is the first one I seen. An ltd four door that was going high 11's with a 302 and 10's with a 363. I want to do a side mounted unit on an a body already have a few parts stocked up and just purchased an 850 blow through holley. And I'll be doing it to a mustang as well.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-25-14-49-51.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 513
Its just a term for getting a good deal. "Oh man you stole that!" means anyone else would have paid much more. Merry Christmas to you in California.

He meant you stole it because of the cheap price. Now go steal some valium and calm down. lol

Well because i can turbocharge it for only pennys more. No bracket and pulley lining up nessessary.

Where can you buy a turbo for your 100+ and complete it for under 300?,turbofreek.
Lining up the pulleys wasn't hard at all. And these eatones are everywhere in many sizes.

I see now lol, just the way he wrote it didn't seem like it.

Merry Christmas guys and happy holidays!

So what pulley is being used for this setup?? Is it just an off the shelf vortec/paxton crank pulley?

This setup in my mustang is the stock pulley, and stock blower pulley, I even managed to use the stock belt with just a little bit of work positioning it in the right spot to pull on the belt, and so that the tensioner still worked.did this so cheap, so simple..... Stupid simple.

It put me back into the seat even with the stock gearing and just the Hoosier slicks.. Surprised the hell outta me for a mostly stock ferd.

There was a guy who did twin eatons on a ford. Toohighpsi.com was his website.

Yeah I have seen it I think it was a Thunderbird, twin m90's on a 351w intercooled and a bunch of work. That site is weird, I go to it and it's like its just abandoned lol idk why its just a page with a few words and like ten pics.

Yeah I have seen it I think it was a Thunderbird, twin m90's on a 351w intercooled and a bunch of work. That site is weird, I go to it and it's like its just abandoned lol idk why its just a page with a few words and like ten pics.

That site is really old and hes put stuff off and raising kids. The capri was his last endevor i know of. Was hugely active when theturboforums was called turbomustangs back in the day. Ive talked with him a few times back then. Crazy thinker for sure.

-
Back