Leaf spring brackets

-

plymouthdude

Reaction score
Can any body tell me where i might get the front and rear leaf spring brackets that bolt to the body for a 1970 plymouth duster

Can any body tell me where i might get the front and rear leaf spring brackets that bolt to the body for a 1970 plymouth duster
Go to forums,click on Parts wanted.Then start a thread on the parts you want to buy.Remember to post yur location,it helps sellers get an idea on shipping costs.Good luck.

Factory Powder Coated front hangers. (Small bolt).

PM sent.

Attachments

• 340 manifolds.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 477
I know I have a set of fronts for 1/2" bolt. Have to look for the rears.

The front have two different size bolts that go through the leaf springs. 72 and earlier have a smaller bolt. If you are going to use ss or 73 up springs you can use later front bracket. or drill the early brackets. but if you have early springs they are the 1/2 innch holes and you should use the early brackets for the front. I have them all if you don't find what you need. I will be listing them in parts forsale. Steve

The front have two different size bolts that go through the leaf springs. 72 and earlier have a smaller bolt. If you are going to use ss or 73 up springs you can use later front bracket. or drill the early brackets. but if you have early springs they are the 1/2 innch holes and you should use the early brackets for the front. I have them all if you don't find what you need. I will be listing them in parts forsale. Steve

The size difference in the front spring eye bolt size is not a year to year difference. It is different from slant 6 cars ( 1/2" ) and V8 cars ( 5/8"). Firm Feel and Mancini sell stock height or 1" lower front brackets as well.

I still might have a set, you do not find any send me a PM I will look to see if they are still in the parts area.

The size difference in the front spring eye bolt size is not a year to year difference. It is different from slant 6 cars ( 1/2" ) and V8 cars ( 5/8"). Firm Feel and Mancini sell stock height or 1" lower front brackets as well.

It is a year to year thing.

70+ have a 1/2" bolt. The 67-69 cars I've torn apart had 5/8", even the /6 cars were 5/8".

All my 70-72 340 cars have 1/2" bolts, including the 4 speed cars.

It is a year to year thing.

70+ have a 1/2" bolt. The 67-69 cars I've torn apart had 5/8", even the /6 cars were 5/8".

All my 70-72 340 cars have 1/2" bolts, including the 4 speed cars.

my 68 dart with /6 had 1/2" bolts cuz i had to drill the hangers for SS springs...

my 68 dart with /6 had 1/2" bolts cuz i had to drill the hangers for SS springs...

Looks like it's a mixed bag on the earlier cars. None of mine were 1/2 bolts.

The /6 cars I had were tow package cars. Maybe someone with a 67-69 parts book can look in section 17, 17-17-4 IIRC to see if there is more than one spring bolt number bolt for those years. I know the 70-72 cars have one bolt number.

Well, I have only had 69 and earlier cars. ALL V8 cars (65-69) had 5/8" bolts and ALL 6 cyl. cars had 1/2" bolts. Just my experience.

Looks like it's a mixed bag on the earlier cars. None of mine were 1/2 bolts.

The /6 cars I had were tow package cars. Maybe someone with a 67-69 parts book can look in section 17, 17-17-4 IIRC to see if there is more than one spring bolt number bolt for those years. I know the 70-72 cars have one bolt number.

thought it might be of interest...

-
Back