learn from others fu#k ups

-
Never take for granted a job you have done a thousand times before. It will leave you in the parking lot with a broken ear on your starter with no way to get home......

Try to imagine all the ways a part can be re-assembled wrong, then take photos from all angles to show "correct". When you get back to it months or years later, your scribblings won't make any sense, but photos should. I am still wondering if I swapped my 10" drum spindles L & R.

Don't let tire monkeys touch your wheels if your car has LH threads. Bring the wheels in. Don't listen to the service manager's assurances that they know.

Don't imagine you will soon be driving your newly purchased car that just needs a few things fixed. One things leads to another. Can't install new carpet until you fix the rusted floors you found, and while doing that should do this first ... Think years.

Hey! Wait a minute! I'm a "tire monkey", and I DO know! Rofl

How about never stack wrenches on top of the battery or once a rags been socked with gas get it the hell out of the garage.:eek:ops:

Never trust an unknown persons judgement. How I ended up with a Army green 72 Swinger Dart!(lol!)

Learn from other mistake, Dont let your mouth write a check your butt cant cash !

No matter how crappy things seem for you at the moment, there's somebody out there that wishes they were as lucky as you.

Use a small butane torch to heat up the bleeder screws and fittings on old rusty brake parts or they tend to twist off or round off.
Don't be afraid to use some heat on all stubborn bolts, nuts, and fittings.
Be aware of fire hazards like rubber, gas lines, insulation, etc.
Wear safety glasses when doing this!

Wear gloves and sleeves when yusing a grinder to notch a plastic balance during bull bar install. Melting planting leaves a lasting impression....
I did that 2 or 3 months ago now

Attachments

• image-3162100583.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 212
Hot headers are not like your stove top. You can't get away with justbrushing them and pulling back when your body registers the pain.

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS where eye protection when jump starting a dead battery with another vehicle. Especially if you have been trying to charge the dead battery for 4 hours with the hood closed to keep the charger dry. It is also advisable to where ear protection and acid resistant clothing.

That little spark when you connect the jumper cables will turn into the loudest BOOM you ever heard. It will also create a instantaneous cloud of acid vapor that covers everything nearby!! After 3 hours in the emergency room having your eyes flushed out you will get the opportunity to collect pieces of your old battery up to 100 feet away.

Go ahead ask me how I know!

~Michael

1. " SAFETY FIRST "

I don't care if it takes you twice as long to "get ready" to fix something as it does to fix it.

It'll take you much longer if you get hurt fixing it....oh and shut up with the " I wont get hurt" crap...it only takes once! ;)

2. Clean up your crap! It's much harder to work on something when you can't find tools, parts and such or when you're stepping over stuff.

Hay mods I dont know what happend in here but thanks for taking care of it . yall want to make this sticky i think theres alot more helpfle post to come

Never use an electric drill to wire brush anything that is lying on a blanket.

or with wearing a hoodie
long sleeves
any thing with strings

let alone all three at the same time, yes, it happened...

my **** wound up in that drill so fast it stopped the wire wheel and the drill was in the locked on position so i had to unplug it with it tangled in my clothes

or with wearing a hoodie
long sleeves
any thing with strings

my **** wound up in that drill so fast it stopped the wire wheel and the drill was in the locked on position so i had to unplug it with it tangled in my clothes
never blow sparks at you . you may set your junk on fire :banghead:

I will tell you i done it .. When your junk is on fire you forget that it hurts when you smack them .

or with wearing a hoodie
long sleeves
any thing with strings

Whistles in guilt

-
Back