Leaving negative/bad feedback

-

Dfnsmn34

Margarita Mike
Reaction score
:wack:
Why do I feel guilty if I leave negative feedback for someone on ebay if they sell me broken equipment? Then resell it on ebay again, after I send it back?

I was going to let it slide...(no feedback) we all make mistakes, right? But then I see the seller re-list the same item I ship back to them that I KNOW is defective.

I don't want to lose faith in mankind. It just makes me sad.

No it wasn't a mopar part. I've always had a GREAT results on FABO and mostly on ebay too.

Just don't like the negativity I guess....why screw someone? Do we really have time for all the hate and negativity?

ok...my bad,,,,rant off...

btw...the rebuild on the 66 cuda engine/(sitting waiting) for me to finish the engine compartment is going well! LOL

Thats why internet sellers are frauds .. all the positives are left but the negatives are hidden and you have to dig for the negative comments.

I have never had much negative from anyone from FABO as a seller or a purchaser

Well, here's how "I" see your situation. You bought something. It didn't meet your expectations. (Insert reason here, it really doesn't matter) You sent it back and got a refund. In "MY" eyes, at that point, YOUR business is over with that seller. You were not out anything. Leaving negative feedback because the seller is selling said item to another buyer is a f%$ked up reason. That's none of your business at this point what he does with it. I would have left the guy positive feedback in that situation, because he refunded the money. Quite obviously, if he were trying to rip people off, you'd never have seen one red cent.

stroker... gotta love your candor...you've never pulled any punches on any topics. Truthfully. I'm out more than what he "sold" me. Time and expenses to ship the item back... out my pocket. You may be right that the reason is F'ed up...but the feedback was given for my transaction. Not that he is reselling the item. More like buyer beware.

Where's the honor in selling? State an item is working...and it doesn't? That's just deceptive and wrong.

Negative feedback is left because the seller did not come through as promised.

Mahalo

I have Mike, and will do it again The seller had my money for a working under dash Fm cosset player that he said works perfectly and shipped out in three day in his post
The fm radio did not work after me waiting 2 weeks to receive it he gave me a story that he had to go out of town and will ship it the next day,, another week of waiting and it was junk inside Misrepresented ..... I drive back to town and mail it back on my dime and $4 dollar a gallon of gas and my time...... negative feed back sent for Misrepresentong a none working idem .....

Yeah I'm pretty direct. lol Hay, it's all good. If we all had the same opinion, how bad would that suck? If he stated in the auction that it was working and you're out shippin, then those reasons are good enough. But see paco, you left all that out the first go around. LOL

stroker... gotta love your candor...you've never pulled any punches on any topics. Truthfully. I'm out more than what he "sold" me. Time and expenses to ship the item back... out my pocket. You may be right that the reason is F'ed up...but the feedback was given for my transaction. Not that he is reselling the item. More like buyer beware.

Where's the honor in selling? State an item is working...and it doesn't? That's just deceptive and wrong.

Negative feedback is left because the seller did not come through as promised.

Mahalo

Feedback is regarding your transaction. Sure, he sent you something that was f'ed up, he refunded your money did he not? As to the return shipping, did you ask before you paid for it? If not that is the only thing you can ***** about......imo

it was jacked up he sent something that it wasnt. i think you were lucky to have gotten your money back. none-the-less, he did refund your money. its jacked up he is reselling the item. where do you draw the line , i dont know. if it were me, i would be satisfied that i at least got my money back because that would have been a whole nuther' can of worms.

Who cares....Your at Iwa beach Hawaii broda ..........:cheers:

Why do I feel guilty if I leave negative feedback for someone on ebay if they sell me broken equipment? Then resell it on ebay again, after I send it back?

I was going to let it slide...(no feedback) we all make mistakes, right? But then I see the seller re-list the same item I ship back to them that I KNOW is defective.

You are probably of the nature you try and see good in people, and that is a great attitude to have.

In this case you got something that didn't work and noticed it for sale again. You are letting others know that it is/was a defective part. I probably would have done the same. I also would have included the fact he did refund my money.

If the part was misrepresented and returned for that reason, then you may have a point. Like an UCA that is said to be in perfect condition and it's bent/stripped, etc. If I wasn't out anything I would probably leave neutral, if I had to pay $ to send it back, then things change and a neg might be in order. Not my fault yet it still cost me $.

Maybe notify ebay that he is fraudulently missrepresenting what he is selling? Lol,not like ebay is gonna give a rats ***,as long as they make thier fee's I get the feeling ebay really dont give a chit.

See,at least he has a concience about it. Trying to prevent a crime from happening is the sort of thing medals are handed out for. Not fraud on ebay mind you,but more serious things yes.

This being said,I think you have a great concience and wish more people would be like you. Looking out for your fellow man is something all of us need to relearn IMHO,as we have had almost all our brother hood through religion stripped,our brotherhood through unions destroyed etc etc etc.

Man generally does not give a crap about what happens to thier nieghbour. I commend you.

And give up on feebay . It's part of a much larger problem.

I look at it this way. If an eBay seller sells something that is not as represented and does take it back with absolutely no hassle I blow it off and leave no feedback. The shipping charges to return the item is something you agreed to when you signed up with eBay. I don't like eating $$$$ because of someone else but I accepted it.

If the seller has an item that is not as represented and is a PIA about taking it back I will absolutely leave negative feedback. I had to do this with a set of $350 rally wheels that were so rusty and pitted that they were unsafe to drive on, the trim rings wouldn't even snap on the wheels because they were too deep and he didn't pack them well and two trim rings had deep indentions of where the second wheel in the box literly crushed them.

In your case I would have likely left a netural feedback feedback stating the item didn't work when I saw him selling it as a working item again when it should be a DOA item. I would do this to try to warn anyone that is bidding on the item so they wouldn't be out any money to return the item again.

If the feedback system on eBay isn't used when there are problems then what good is it to even have feedback? That is the only thing that keeps possible bad sellers from really putting it to a bunch of people.

Would the members on FABO expose a seller where he had sold the item before and it was known bad if he was trying it again? I can safely say we all know the answer to that question. JMO.

If the part was misrepresented and returned for that reason, then you may have a point. Like an UCA that is said to be in perfect condition and it's bent/stripped, etc. If I wasn't out anything I would probably leave neutral, if I had to pay $ to send it back, then things change and a neg might be in order. Not my fault yet it still cost me $.

I agree. In this case I would tend to leave a neutral feedback and explain the problem. I would also state that the money but not the shipping was refunded.
tmm

Mahalo guys! I do always look for the best in people. I did get my money back, out the shipping.
Great responses everyone. The nuetral feedback should have been the one i used, that I see was an error on my part.

And yea..I do live in Ewa beach!!! So why should I be b?$&ing!!!!

If you are absolutely sure this guy is selling stuff on Ebay by being dishonest I wouldn't hesitate a second to leave negative feedback.....but only after I contacted him and got his side of the story.

Every time I buy something on Ebay I check the feedback before I purchase it, especially if it is >$100. There is always going to be some miserable person out there who is never satisfied and those types are pretty easily spotted in the feedback. But if there is a pattern of problems, that guy doesn't get MY money. But since everyone is just leaving neutral or positive feedback these days it makes it harder to spot the crooks, the lazy, or the genuine POS sellers who depend on their customer's empathy to continue doing business online.

-
Back