LED bulb use for specific areas...need info please

-

318MoparGuy

MoparHokie
Reaction score
Good Morning to All,
I was wondering if I can use LED light bulbs just in the dome light and the map light by the right kick panel or do all other incandescent light bulbs need to be changed over to LED's looking at this from an electrical standpoint? If LED bulbs can be used in place of those 2 bulbs, what bulb #'s should I get and what brand do you like? BTW, my car is a 73 Dart Swinger. Also...HAPPY VALENTINES DAY to all the FABO gals!!!!!
Thanks,
Greg

No problems using them any where that a flasher is not used, then you have to get a special flasher. Hope that helps. LED city has most for our cars.

Good Morning to All,
I was wondering if I can use LED light bulbs just in the dome light and the map light by the right kick panel or do all other incandescent light bulbs need to be changed over to LED's looking at this from an electrical standpoint? If LED bulbs can be used in place of those 2 bulbs, what bulb #'s should I get and what brand do you like? BTW, my car is a 73 Dart Swinger. Also...HAPPY VALENTINES DAY to all the FABO gals!!!!!
Thanks,
Greg

Yep, you can use them as halifaxhops says.
A lot of them even have resistors in them so they can be used with a factory flasher (If you wanted)
I run all LED lighting on the out side of the car except for headlights and have the electronic flasher, and another of the main reasons for running the electronic flasher besides needing it for the reduced load lights is that the speed of the flash doesn't change with RPM.
The flash speed stays the same even at idle with headlights and wipers running sitting at a stop with the brake lights on.

You can do a Google search for example "LED replacement for 1056 bulb" and come up with tons of places to get them.

No more yellow light, and while I had that fixture out I installed a small rocker switch on the back of the housing so I can turn it off manually if I don't want it to come on when the doors open, or passengers in the back seat can turn it on for an overhead light. :D

IMG_0098.JPG

Last edited:
what is the number for the dome lamp bulb in 67 model?

Bulb #'s are listed in the Owner's manual. Then type them into ebay search, or the websites mentioned. I bought lots of cheap Chinese LED's. Most worked OK, a few started flickering later and some shone bright and died in 2 sec. You usually have to orient them correctly. If no light, turn them around 180 deg. Some are slightly larger than the incandescent equivalent so won't fit thru a hole. My M-B has dash bulb-holders that look like a Mopar but contact the bulb differently and some LED's have fingers that bridged the holder, causing a short-circuit which fried a trace on my cluster circuit board. So, smart to verify no short-circuit first w/ a multimeter. Most LED's don't play nice w/ dimmer switches, so you might get more light than you care on the dash.

Good Morning to All,
Thanks,
Greg

LED Car Lights | 12v Replacement Bulbs | Super Bright LEDs

-
Back