led upgrades for 72 duster

-

dust-u

Reaction score
I am looking to upgrade the lights in my 72 duster. especially the taillights(I have nearly been rear ended too many times) what are my options for leds? anyone out there made a viable conversion? links? advice welcomed.

I just changed my bulbs in my 68 Barracuda to LEDs. They are much brighter than the stock bulbs were.

I just went to OReilley's and bought the 1157 and 1158 replacements for the tail lights and brake lights. I also changed my front running lights with the same thing. You will have to buy an LED flasher to replace your old one though or you blinkers won't work anymore. Overall a great improvement and much less load on your electrical system. I also changed my headlights, dash and interior lights to the LEDs. I'm really happy with the results. Total cost was around 300 bucks. Used these headlights Amazon.com: 7 Inch Round Cree LED Headlights White Halo Ring Angel Eyes+Amber Turning Signal Lights For Jeep Wrangler JK TJ CJ: Automotive
The bulbs were about 10 bucks each and I think the flashers were about 50.

The most effective upgrade is not bulb type. High mount /3rd brake light is what works. I proved this.
Bought our first 67 notchback in 1980. daily driver for 11 years. It was rear ended twice in first 3 years. A triumph TR7 went so far under it bent the fuel tank. I installed the light on the package shelf. It was never rear ended again.
Of course this was the very first thing I did the the red 67 purchased in 2007. It aint a daily driver but it is driven. It aint been rear ended either.

The most effective upgrade is not bulb type. High mount /3rd brake light is what works. I proved this.
Bought our first 67 notchback in 1980. daily driver for 11 years. It was rear ended twice in first 3 years. A triumph TR7 went so far under it bent the fuel tank. I installed the light on the package shelf. It was never rear ended again.
Of course this was the very first thing I did the the red 67 purchased in 2007. It aint a daily driver but it is driven. It aint been rear ended either.
It really doesn't matter what you do around here with your lights. All of these people driving and texting wouldn't see you stopping even if you were shining lasers right at their eyes! I got hit a couple of weeks ago in my truck while I was stopped at a red light. Guy was texting away and didn't see me..........

You call these guys and see if theres a Duster kit in their future since they seem to have everything else. then pay the man...
Simple Tail Lights

.... or you could go cheapo like me and scour the truck/trailer lighting sites, find a s/t/t lite that fits your housing, and cut the red lens off, trim if necessary, and make it fit.
Even stays DOT compliant.

003.JPG

6-22-13 013_1.JPG

-
Back