Not open for further replies.

George R

Mopar Nutcase
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hi guys,
I need one left hand thread wheel stud for the 8-3/4 axle in my 69 Dart.
If someone is parting out an A body, or has switched to all right hand threads, or swapped in a different differential, maybe there would be one stud left over for me?
If you have one, please email me with what you want for it. My zip is 06611. PM or post here is OK too.

[email protected]

Thanks,
George

NAPA still has available,they show 2 either 7/16 thread or 1/2 thread.
7/16 no. 641-1615.
1/2 no. 641-1610.
Just checked all warehouses seems all still stock em,they are made by dorman,dont have dorman numbers though, good luck.

I have a bunch from 10" front drum and 7 1/4" rear. Will the rear ones fit an 8 3/4"? I think so eh? I can't recall, are they the short or the long ones? Seems to me the long ones were on the front drums and the short were from the rear end, right? If you can tell me short or long, I'll send you one free.

I'm pretty sure you can use any 8 3/4 left hand thread stud. A bodies didn't have anything special about the studs. This opens the field to include all the early C bodies.
Mike

Dodgem383,
I stopped in my local Napa last week, and he said No good on the stud. Maybe he was not looking hard enough? I'll take those numbers down for reference. Thanks.

65S,
I have no idea if the studs are long or short, or whether or not a 7-1/4 stud is the same as 8-3/4 stud, but I want to thank you for your generous offer.
I have a guy checking his stock for me, and if he comes up empty, I'll take you up on it. Thank You sir, you're a classy guy.

Dusterdood,
Thanks for your input. That clears up a lot of things with regard to this stud.

George

I should have a set but don't know where they are..............LOL I switched to all right

Unless it is a show car concours correct i would change them to right hand

Broke 16 of the 20 on my 1st car in `74 I didn't know they were left hand

I use to break lots of bolts, dad's easy outs got a work out often

I believe the A bodies used 7/16" and B & C used 1/2"

Oh, yeah. The small lug nut thing. I totally forgot. You're going to need the 7/16 ones for an A body. Ooops!

I got some one the way guys. Thanks for all the help. Should buy about 10 more from the places you guys mentioned, because I don't think they'll be around much longer.
I am using the chrome lugs on black steel wheels, so I ordered a set of Chrome Rally wheel lugs; 10 left hand and 10 right hand. I can always put the stock lugs on for judged events.

George

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back