Less is more?

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
This is my new speedometer design compared to one of the old ones.
All those lines were just WAY to busy, for me anyway.
I used a printed white face before but it warped from humidity, so I used an original metal face this time.
I'm using custom made ultra white LED backlighting on white gauges, so I needed to do the speedometer also.
The needle gets new fluorescent orange before it goes in.
Don't ask how much time I have into just this part of the project :D (My Brother is always ragging on me about how it takes so much time for some of my customizations, but I love doing it)
Not much money at all in it (20 probably).

Thanks goes out to Tony DeFeo (Whitepunkonnitro) for donating the speedo face for the project.

Attachments

• oldface.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 179
  • newface.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 177
Should have known you all would ask if I said don't ask. :D
Like I told my Brother earlier, it took about 2 days with paint drying time and collecting the materials but there was a lot of down time between some of it because of drying times and work interruptions (I hate it when work interferes with my car time) :)

Actual assembly time if the paint drying was out of the picture and uninterrupted would be a couple of hours maybe, start to finish. (but about 2 weeks setting up for it, and finding the materials for the look I wanted)
Devising a way of making sure the markings were where they were supposed to be took a chunk of it.

I'm like that though as I don't mind taking my time and gathering up the stuff I need to do something.
There is something about just knowing something is in progress on the car that makes me happy.

-
Back