Let the restoration begin

-

Ty Winings

Reaction score
I just bought this 1970 plymouth duster today for 300$. Im making a 340 rallye car clone, for my grandpa who passed away last March. He had a 1970 lime green 340 3 speed duster, i have located a 340 block, and a 3 speed manual tranny. This car is very rust free, and has been parked since 1982. Im in search of a rallye dash. Thanks

IMG_9308.JPG

Welcome and congratulations on finding your car. Good luck with the restoration

Hey Ty, Caleb Hostetler here from your post on the A-body Mopar page on fb. Again, good luck with the build, I'll be following.

Nice! Welcome to the Mopar world young fella..

cool as heck! a tribute tribute car! I swear I saw a rallye dash recently... it might have been on Ebay..

s
Welcome Ty. Look forward to see what you do with it. Any pics of your Grandpa's Duster?
sadly no pictures, he got it and when my grandma and him got married he sold it, he traded a 67 coronet r/t for it brand new, the dealer did the dollar bill trick with it, grandpa said that with that small 340 he couldn't manage to grab the 100 dollar bill when it was floored, those were the days. He said he would top out doing 140 up hills, this was also all stock. I am so excited for this build

I want to do a 3 speed manual conversion, but its an automatic, what do i do for my floor, it used to be a column shifter, but i don't want that
Couple beers and a torch! At least that's what it appears a previous owner of my Duster did.

no but i have cars and parts ralley dash in car floor hump still in car steering colum still in car pedals motors trans i have the parts
how much for your rallye dash, i need that to replicate my grandpas old car, i don't have a lot of money, but ill sure try if i find out the price, any seats?

how much for your rallye dash, i need that to replicate my grandpas old car, i don't have a lot of money, but ill sure try if i find out the price, any seats?
dsh and wiring 750.00 seats 550. hump trans pedals bell housing steering column z bar rods 1000.

-
Back