let's play what is this...

-

kc0r8y

Reaction score
What is this and what is it for? It was next to my coil with a black wire going into it from one side of the coil.

n0YwsBKTKdPYC08j5C8PUPF6-7QQF5FM4mR_Zb8ncf-52vUJsg-y3lZnvlkOKBbc0onrqwi17kW6j5cy3Pj=w671-h894-no.jpg

It's a capacitor. Or was one long ago. Now it's just junk.

Can i just delete it or should I replace it? The wire that went into it broke off... I did some searching and it looks like all it's used for is radio noise? Can someone confirm please?

Last edited:
It is there for radio noise suppression. If you have breaker point ignition there is also one inside the distributor that is required, but that one on the coil can be eliminated.

It is there for radio noise suppression. If you have breaker point ignition there is also one inside the distributor that is required, but that one on the coil can be eliminated.

Thank you all for the replies.

I have a Mopar performance electroic ignition. this is the inside.

CmQ_Q1SAyTli-t8lgibsVU5ViNvtjnfaEKcWXH0bhca8-PIiSUmVAhFPIm0nNoW6iWphfoRDm1TIekZUoB=w1192-h895-no.jpg

Condensor and capacitor are the same thing. They are not in, or required for electronic distributors. You will however find a few on your car from the factory r, on the coil as you had, sometimes the alternator, behind the instrument panel etc. Their purpose is to eliminate radio noise.

-
Back