lining up converter weights on a 360?

-

duster wonder

National Guard Member
Reaction score
do you need to line up the weights (torque convertor) a special way when bolting it to the flexplate??

quick question any help thank you

If I remember correctly there is only one way it will line up so all of the bolts line up.

Someone will correct me if I'm mistaken.

If I remember correctly there is only one way it will line up so all of the bolts line up.

Someone will correct me if I'm mistaken.

the converter and flexplate have an offset hole so there is no wrong way to put it together as long as the converter/ flexplate matches the balancer, and the flexplate is on the crank correctly

are the weights welded on converter?

the converter has one lug that is offsetted...and the flexplate has bolt hole that is offsetted...you need to match those two together ....then everything is good...

in fact...lay the flexplate on the converter....match up all 4 holes...using spray paint, paint one of the lugs with the flexplate on it.. so you can easily match them up again once everything is in the car.

The weights r welded to the converter and tho I mayb a young guy I work at a transmission shop and I've ran into where the bolts are offset and that they aren't

in fact...lay the flexplate on the converter....match up all 4 holes...using spray paint, paint one of the lugs with the flexplate on it.. so you can easily match them up again once everything is in the car.

Good idea...would have saved me time!! :D

well i got er lined up,found which one was "different" and by this i also mean its all in!!!!!!

firing up the dam thing tomorow!!

Attachments

• 2012-12-07 21.00.36.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 130
-
Back