LIPSTICK ON A PIG

-

CFD244

"I LOST MY ID IN A FLOOD"
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks

Just finished buttoning her up. 1971 340, detuned to 9.3:1 in order to run a Comp XE 262. Engine is .040 over, with 1 sleeve. Will be running the original 4973 Themoquad, cast intake, and a couple of 1969 HP exhaust manifolds. U heads were rebuilt and chambered at 69cc's (2.02's) and have the original non adjustable rocker gear. Engine will be installed in a 1971 Demon with an automatic transmission with a few upgrades (nothing radical), and 3.23 sure grip. The car will sport the original air cleaner, and the original fan, rad, shroud assembly. Hopefully, this combo will give me years of hassle free pleasure.

IMG_1145.JPG

IMG_1146.JPG

Plenty of power to have lot's of fun. You don't have to build for maximum horsepower to enjoy your car and the hobby. Well done.

Nice set up, itt'l fly.
You might want to rethink the teflon tape on the elec temp sensor. Those have to be grounded too the maifold.

ole man Dave

Nice, sensible parts combination. Just hope you used some old lifters re-faced rather than the new junk that is around today.

Thanks for the heads up.......I should have known that. I'll check for continuity.
I've used the Teflon paste with no issues in the past. Sounds like it's going to be sweet. Are you using old high mileage stock rockers? Does DC still have the heavy duty stock type ones? Used a set of those on a 318 with a .480 lift cam and was turning it to 6200 and they did the job and weren't expensive but who knows what they are nowadays.

I've used the Teflon paste with no issues in the past. Sounds like it's going to be sweet. Are you using old high mileage stock rockers? Does DC still have the heavy duty stock type ones? Used a set of those on a 318 with a .480 lift cam and was turning it to 6200 and they did the job and weren't expensive but who knows what they are nowadays.
The original 340 rockers looked good so I re-used them. I have a nice set of adjustables, but push rod sourcing was a PITA so I left them stock.

but push rod sourcing was a PITA so I left them stock.
That's why I used the DC heavy duty stock rockers. They are thicker but not much heavier....lighter than adjustable and use the same length push rods.....and were new :) but if yours looked good then cool. Just never was much of a fan using ones with lots of miles and taking the chance of a push rod punching though one.

The original 340 rockers looked good so I re-used them. I have a nice set of adjustables, but push rod sourcing was a PITA so I left them stock.
If they are REAL 340 rocker arms, they are really heavy duty with a thicker cross section where they ride on the shaft. Mopar Performance used to sell out of the MP catalog. I would certainly keep those.

-
Back