Little Facebook find on cast or forged crank ID.

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score

56C28486-C676-426E-8366-A38E60A82153.jpeg

Doesn’t a forged crank have a nice ring sound then you tap on it with a hammer?

Not trying to be "that guy" but is there something new in this pic?

Just that all of those things seem to be common knowledge so if there is something new I dind't see it. Again, you are way more knowledgeable so I figured I might be missing something.

I posted it for guys that are leaning, and want to learn. At 67 I learn something new probably everyday. I spent three hours on the internet yesterday learning about LS heads. Keep in mind a “hot rodder” is born everyday and we get new members constantly. Wouldn’t YOU want to possibly teach someone something??? We are the past, they are the future.

I posted it for guys that are leaning, and want to learn. At 67 I learn something new probably everyday. I spent three hours on the internet yesterday learning about LS heads. Keep in mind a “hot rodder” is born everyday and we get new members constantly. Wouldn’t YOU want to possibly teach someone something??? We are the past, they are the future.

Like I said, not trying to be "that guy". I was wondering if there was something new. You know, because I want to learn from you guys. Posting this stuff is great.

On that thought process, I wonder if there could be a "documentation" thread for stuff like this? Something categorized etc.

Like I said, not trying to be "that guy". I was wondering if there was something new. You know, because I want to learn from you guys. Posting this stuff is great.

On that thought process, I wonder if there could be a "documentation" thread for stuff like this? Something categorized etc.

When I Google something for someone or myself my search often leads to Abodiesonly or Moparts. I struggle with the search feature on most of these sites so I think you are right. Moparts has an archive section saved that links back to some good info over the years. Want to know what a 440 block weights, it’s there. Want to know the width of an A body 8 3/4, bang it’s there.

Yeah, it's been on here before, but so what? There are some here who may not have seen it. Sharing information is a good thing. You keep saying you're trying not to be "that guy". Then frikkin stop being that guy.

Yeah, it's been on here before, but so what? There are some here who may not have seen it. Sharing information is a good thing. You keep saying you're trying not to be "that guy". Then frikkin stop being that guy.

Slow your roll and go back and read everything. I explained myself and the reason for my question. I asked because I thought there might be something I missed and would possibly "gasp" learn something. So instead of acting "triggered" and trying to shut down my attempt to learn something new, how about you stop being "that guy"....

Slow your roll and go back and read everything. I explained myself and the reason for my question. I asked because I thought there might be something I missed and would possibly "gasp" learn something. So instead of acting "triggered" and trying to shut down my attempt to learn something new, how about you stop being "that guy"....
Trust me, you'll know if I'm ever triggered. lol

If it walks like a duck... There was literally no good reason for your post other than a knee jerk reaction. I was asking a legit question.
Ok ok so you got me. Dang caint a body mess with you every once in a while? For crap sake.

Ok ok so you got me. Dang caint a body mess with you every once in a while? For crap sake.

Dang it... Ok, maybe my response was also a knee jerk... It's Friday and i wanna go home... 4.5 hours to go... ugh

Dang it... Ok, maybe my response was also a knee jerk... It's Friday and i wanna go home... 4.5 hours to go... ugh
I think they both were....no biggie. But I caint see what you typed. I have my fingers in my ears. LOL

We do have this treasure trove on A-Bodies

Yeah and I've referred to it lots. it's a great resource. I was thinking more along the lines of one off documents etc. PBR is right though, simply googling often points me right be here to a relevant thread.

Yah, I have to reunite with lots of articles my self. Seems I can't do some of the things I use to take for granted, without reading up on them anymore.

Lets see.... where was that article again, ???. Ha Ha.

ole man Dave

-
Back