Live & learn

-

69signetv8

Reaction score
Need some help.

So I got a floor shift column from a 67 Dart. The Dart must have had power steering because the "shaft" itself is about 3" shorter then the one I have in the car now. After taking it apart I realized it is a collapsible two half shaft. Again after confirming the length, indeed it was 3" shorter. After going though my parts I had a extra lower shaft 3" longer (the size I requre). I read this can be done,....I plan on braking the plastic pins then re-weld the other correct shaft on to the upper shaft to make up the correct length. :blah5:

NOW MY QUESTION....."help"..how in the hell do you hold/put those (TWO) nuts back in place to hold the housings together??? As the screws came out the 2 nuts fell out of the housing. As I can "see" nothing holds these nuts in place but 2 open slots of air. The 2 screws & nuts together keep the housings locked to the inner tube.
PS Any ideas....I just can't be the first one with this delimia. Hopefully I get something back besides use a load of bubble gum or hope for F*c*ing magic to hold them suckers.

Looks like your SOL Jim.. you bought junk.. haha..jk

im lost on what you have there.. ill haev to come and see and take my old one back..

maybe someone will figure out what you mean.

Well got it "all" figured out. the screws are in and column rebuilt. The shaft is now the right length without an adapter. She's painted and ready to be installed down the road.

The lower tube housing in the engine bay is a tad longer and I'm hoping the diameter of it won't interfear with the header?

-
Back