Live PD

-

gunbunny

Reaction score
Ever sit and watch this program?
I am because there's nothing better on right now.
So far I've seen three different cops, in three different parts of the US and three cops that weren't wearing seat belts. This includes two that were involved in chases.

Do as I say not as I do! Since seat belts are so confining, they are better off without wearing it. I can't even get my wallet out with the damn belt on.

I don't wear a seatbelt either. I have to be able to jump out of the window in a freaking hurry after they deploy the pit maneuver on me.

What's up with "you are being detained"???

To me, it looks like "pre-arrest".... :mad:

Do you have the right to say that you don't want to be detained and put in cuffs??? Or is that "resisting"????

If they have to ask to search your car, then you have the right to say "no"... If they have probable cause, then they do not have to ask to search your car....

If you let them search your car, they will not put it back the way that they found it and leave it a mess, but they don't like to be called "pigs".... :rolleyes:

I don't wear a seatbelt either. I have to be able to jump out of the window in a freaking hurry after they deploy the pit maneuver on me.

I've been wearing a seat belt since before it became a law...

My dad wore a seat belt and was ran off the road in his 67 Barracuda fastback Formula S 383 4-speed car back when it was less than 6 months old with only 6500 miles on it and had to run it into a ditch to avoid an accident and walked away with only bruises on his waist from the seat belt when the car was totalled.... If he didn't have his seat belt on, he could have been killed...

I was rear ended back in one of my 67 Barracudas back in 1988 by a drunk driver doing at least 90 mph and was wearing my seat belt and walked away with a severe whiplash... The cop at the scene told me that I was lucky to have an old car in such solid shape but if I was in the newer cars of that day, I would have been killed...

A guy that I worked with two years ago was not wearing a seat belt as a passenger while driving with his cousin and they got in an accident... He was thrown through the windshield and was killed at the scene... He had 4 kids, including finally having his first son who was only 6 months old when he died... His son will never know his dad now because he didn't wear a seat belt... All of his kids now will have to grow up without a father... If he had a seat belt on, he most likely would have lived....

Did you see the episode where they pit maneuvered a black SUV and the driver was thrown out the window as it rolled and survived???

Crazy.... :realcrazy:

Last edited:
Live PD, in my opinion, is one of the best shows on tv. Maybe someone can clarify some things for me
1- Why is every car in Missouri that is pulled over is not registered or insured, nor does the driver have a valid license? Hell most dont look like they would make it to the end of the driveway without falling apart, let alone be driving on the roadway endangering everyone else.
2-Why do most cars in South Carolina have paper tags that are expired? Also most do not have a valid license either.
I would hate to get into an accident with one from either state, as you would be footing the bill for your repairs, because the driver doesnt have a pot to piss in.

Live PD, in my opinion, is one of the best shows on tv. Maybe someone can clarify some things for me
1- Why is every car in Missouri that is pulled over is not registered or insured, nor does the driver have a valid license? Hell most dont look like they would make it to the end of the driveway without falling apart, let alone be driving on the roadway endangering everyone else.
2-Why do most cars in South Carolina have paper tags that are expired? Also most do not have a valid license either.
I would hate to get into an accident with one from either state, as you would be footing the bill for your repairs, because the driver doesnt have a pot to piss in.

You should try driving in the city of Springfield!! I'm kind of disappointed that they took the Dodge name off the new Ram trucks. Having a new truck, I really would prefer to "Dodge" them instead of having to "Ram" them. Actually, there are not that many non-registered, uninsured vehicles. Just seems that way, because law abiding citizens rarely get pulled over. Seems like 5% of the population around here, cause 95% of the problems.

Did you see the episode where they pit maneuvered a black SUV and the driver was thrown out the window as it rolled and survived???

Crazy.... :realcrazy:
haha yes I did and the girls old man was in the back of the same cop car that was chasing her ! lmao

You should try driving in the city of Springfield!! I'm kind of disappointed that they took the Dodge name off the new Ram trucks. Having a new truck, I really would prefer to "Dodge" them instead of having to "Ram" them. Actually, there are not that many non-registered, uninsured vehicles. Just seems that way, because law abiding citizens rarely get pulled over. Seems like 5% of the population around here, cause 95% of the problems.

Gallagher used to say that if you see a truck with "Dodge" on the front coming at you, you better get out of the way... Especially if it says Ram on the side, you know they're coming after your @ss.... LOL! :steering: :eek:

And when did the phrase, "real quick" become part of their routine when asking someone to do something? I must hear it a 100 times a show! Someone should ask that question to one of their guest officers 'cause I don't tweet!

I love the " I smell marijuana".

One show in Richland county, the cop smelled it while following a car down the highway! Damn good nose, that cop has!

I enjoy all of those Cops type shows. It is a REAL eye opener to see the type of people the police officers have to deal with. I have a nephew who is a policeman, and he says that they know most of the low lifes and scumbags in town by name.

I enjoy all of those Cops type shows. It is a REAL eye opener to see the type of people the police officers have to deal with. I have a nephew who is a policeman, and he says that they know most of the low lifes and scumbags in town by name.

My nephew is a LEO also. On top of that he is a K-9 officer. Yep, he can tell you all about the scumbags.

I've been on one of those types of shows... It's the Border Security show...

Believe me, what you see if really how it goes most of the time.

Riddler

I have worn seatbelt since started driving in 1970. Mainly back then it was to keep my *** in the seat when driving like a dumbass. My problem with seatbelt law in Florida is the repeal of motorcycle helmet and pass the seatbelt law. I think if you’re over 18 it should be your choice.

I have worn seatbelt since started driving in 1970. Mainly back then it was to keep my *** in the seat when driving like a dumbass. My problem with seatbelt law in Florida is the repeal of motorcycle helmet and pass the seatbelt law. I think if you’re over 18 it should be your choice.
sure, but you should pay a higher insurance premium if you choose to take the greater risk, of driving without a helmet, or seatbelt

-
Back