Liver research

-

Thunder

Reaction score
This is not going to be easy for me to do. I am hoping that someone in this Mopar community is a doctor or nurse or some how involved in medical research. My wife passed away on the 29th of February. She went into the hospital in early January. She was diagnosed with Sclerosis of the liver.she was 4 liters low on blood. They pumped in 4 liters, ran a lot of tests and did a liver biopsy. They kept her in ICU for 4 days,then in a private room for almost two weeks. They released her to home, under strict doctor care here at home. She just went down hill from there and went back to the hospital 8 days before she passed. To get to the point,She was a donor,so some parts of her will help a few people. I wanted to donate her liver to research but could not and cannot find a center or even a school that supposedly does liver research that actually would take her liver to study. I can find plenty that you can donate money, but not a liver. How do you cure liver disease without studying the liver? If anyone can point me in a different direction I would be grateful. :coffee2

Catherine Ann Thunder Eagle
10-6-58 / 2-29-16
Wife,Mother,Friend

Sorry for your loss...

It seems like they are more interested in the money than curing the illness now days....

I think the only way that might work is if her entire body was donated to science. Livers are difficult and don't "keep" well as I understand it. If she is donating parts, her liver was the cause, but there may not be anything to be learned by studying her specific example. I don;t mean to minimize anything here.

Oh Lord. I am so sorry. I knew you had been scarce. You have mine and Kitty's condolences.

Have you tried contacting Emory in Atlanta?

My brother-in-law got a healthy liver from a donor ( the transplant didn't save him ).
I have to think the medical community has seen ample number of diseased livers.

So sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers for you and your familly.

-
Back