lokar kick down

-
All I have are pics of the carb. end. Do you need a pic of where it hooks to the trans? If so I'll have the Cuda jacked up to do work under it either tomorrow or sat. and can take a pic of that end then.

Attachments

• Lokar setup #1.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 403
  • Lokar pic #3.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 377
All I have are pics of the carb. end. Do you need a pic of where it hooks to the trans? If so I'll have the Cuda jacked up to do work under it either tomorrow or sat. and can take a pic of that end then.

Thank u

I cant post pic but my mechanic said it only took a little time to put on, I can tell you it was the best money I spent on the car lately made a hugh diffrence and works great when properly adjusted.

First shot is of the tranny side, then at carb.

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

I can tell you it was the best money I spent on the car lately made a hugh diffrence and works great when properly adjusted.

X2 I had a 45 year old accelerator cable that was frayed, so the gas pedal didn't work smoothly, and kick down levers were bent and in a bind. It took a couple of hours to install, but everything went according to the instructions. Now the gas pedal works effortlessly and the transmission shifts and down shifts as it should. I added their throttle return kit and now have the added safety of double springs.

Lokar instructions

[ame]http://www.lokar.com/downloads/pdf-instructions/chrysler-kickdown.pdf[/ame]

How does the throttle cable hook up to the accelerator pedal? The lokar instructions dosen't cover that.
Bob

Had one on my 70 340 worth every penny over the linkage -Have one on my 225 slant because of how nice it was on the 340

Has anybody else had the plastic piece that attaches to the carb break? I don't know if I had it adjusted too tightly or what but out of the whole kit that's the only part that I would call "cheap". I wound up upgrading to the piece you see everyone using on their throttle cable. One thing I do like about the kit is its simplicity. It's so easy to install and adjust, unlike the TV cable on the 2004r I have now.

Has anybody else had the plastic piece that attaches to the carb break? I don't know if I had it adjusted too tightly or what but out of the whole kit that's the only part that I would call "cheap". I wound up upgrading to the piece you see everyone using on their throttle cable. One thing I do like about the kit is its simplicity. It's so easy to install and adjust, unlike the TV cable on the 2004r I have now.

I've only heard of that piece breaking once before. I like the kit a lot but agree they shoulda made that piece out of something more substantial.

never had a problem with that plastic piece. could have been adjusted too tight. who knows..

Anyone have a spare stud that bolts to the carb for the kick down cable?- I'm pretty sure I sent mine with the Holley carb I sold.. (the plastic piece clips to it) OR have the replacement PN?

Anyone have a spare stud that bolts to the carb for the kick down cable?- I'm pretty sure I sent mine with the Holley carb I sold.. (the plastic piece clips to it) OR have the replacement PN?

I might have one. Will look today and PM you later about it.

-
Back